Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coverage issue with Meteor - i want out of the contract

• 26-01-2010 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

I have been with Meteor for 4 months now in a 12 month contract but the coverage is shocking. It's ok if i'm outside the house but if i'm in my own house it keeps breaking up when i'm on a call. This is ridiculous for a service. Is there any way of getting out of the contract.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If a mast has been removed or suchlike then you might have a case or perhaps if you moved house. But from Meteor's perspective why sign a contract if the service wasn't suitable where you wanted to use it? And even if you did then surely you'd want out after a few days, not 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eileen17

hey,
    my brother had this problem. change your network before you cancel the direct debit. they locked his phone and now cant change to a new provider or make calls etc.
    So call to who ever you are going changing to first and then inform meteor.
    cancel direct debit at bank also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jonny ambition

From memory, I'm sure there's a 14 day cool off period that goes with every contract signed. It's supposed to be a trial period of such. Anyway outside of that 14 days there's not much that Meteor will do.

Looks like waiting 6 months into contract and dropping tariff to the lowest and paying the remaining amount is the only way of getting out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Where in the country are you??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I find lots of new houses have crap coverage inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eileen17

I'm living in kerry but i travel a lot with work. My work phone is o2 and i have to stay i find there coverage a lot lot better then meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I cannot imagine they will entertain you after 4 months of using their service. For all they know, you may just want out so you can get a new phone by signing up to a new provider. Oh, and just cancelling the direct debit without resolving the issue with the provider is a real bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My SIL and her partner both had this problem surprisingly in Dublin. Coverage was hit and miss in their apartment. They range and made a number of complaints and finally switched before the contract was up. They were able to detail times when calls were dropped. They had no problem changing after logging a number of complaints.

Advertisement