Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M3 progress

Options
  • 26-01-2010 10:54am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any updates on the progress of the M3? Living in Trim I won't be using that much of it, but the stretch from Clonee to the R154 junction is quite bad in the evenings and the motorway will make a big difference hopefully.

The website is hopeless in terms of getting up-to-date information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 clutch her

heard from a lad that works on it that they are hoping to open it first weekend in june, think its a bank holiday. but all depends on weather. cant lay wearing course below 2 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

I was looking into buying into Navan on the basis of M3 cutting down on commuting time. Is it gonna make a hugh difference. Wife works in Blanch, and has to be in work for 7am, but that will change to 8am soon, based on those times and when M3 is finished what time do people reckon she should be leaving at?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    I was looking into buying into Navan on the basis of M3 cutting down on commuting time. Is it gonna make a hugh difference. Wife works in Blanch, and has to be in work for 7am, but that will change to 8am soon, based on those times and when M3 is finished what time do people reckon she should be leaving at?

I would imagine it will. It'll cut Dunshaughlin out of the journey and the existing roundabouts you'd pass at the Fairyhouse and Dunboyne junctions, and will be motorway practically all the way to Blanch.

I make Trim to Phibsboro in 45 - 50 mins in the mornings with the current setup, so I'd imagine the motorway would get you to Blanch in around half an hour when it's complete. You'll pass the toll at Pace of course so it'll cost €1.40 each way if the projected figures are correct, so you're looking at the guts of €15 a week. Personally I don't have an issue with that so long as the road is decent and speeds up the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brandodub

I go Navan-Red Cow. Early morning (5am) is 30 mins afternoon can be anything from up to an hour.Ongoing works at Blanch have not helped but end is in sight. Roll on shorter commute

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tweenie

How do you do navan to red cow in 30 mins? I don't see how that would be possible even at 5am. Do you keep to speed limits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

tweenie wrote: »
    How do you do navan to red cow in 30 mins? I don't see how that would be possible even at 5am. Do you keep to speed limits?

It is possible on a motorbike!
    Done Navan to Sandyford industrial estate at 7.30am on a sunday in 45mins:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Rafa1977 wrote: »

That sounds like a maths problem from a school book :)

Probably 7, depends how many people actually use the motorway though.

Archeron wrote: »
    That sounds like a maths problem from a school book :)

Probably 7, depends how many people actually use the motorway though.

Yeah it does!!! Sorry! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Love those last two posts! Both bang on!

CUCINA wrote: »
    Love those last two posts! Both bang on!

Yeah, we get education here!!, but am still waiting for the correct answer.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement