Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Free Navigation

Options
  • 26-01-2010 12:13pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With Nokia's launh of free navigation software for Ovi Maps
    http://maps.nokia.com/explore-services/ovi-maps
    Would you use your mobile as a GPS device or would you prefer a standalone device.?

Myself I would always prefer a seperate unit. But I can see the advantage for travel & walking.
    Anyone else any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Seems only the listed devices are supported for free navigationor else I'm missing something.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

shame on nokia after hearing the ads on the radio i spent half of yesterday installing upgrading etc. only to find my n95 8g isint compatible .
    its not as if its that old
    well pixxed off!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Seeing as the N95 was the phone that really launched GPS on mobiles you would have imagined that would have been included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Anyone with a modern nokia phone with maps on it can now update to maps 3.03 with free sat nav forever:):)

Follow this link and download it to your phone.
    http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download#/default/

Oh crap some one else started this too. mods can you delete this.. sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

downloaded and it will just not install!!! keeps failing every time.

is there a way to get rid of the old maps first and do a new install?

• Advertisement

Have you got ovi suite Is your phone compatible with the new maps..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

malcox wrote: »
    Oh crap some one else started this too. mods can you delete this.. sorry
    As there are new posts in both threads thought it best to merge them.

koolkid wrote: »
    As there are new posts in both threads thought it best to merge them.

Cheers koolkid and it was your wind that i was stealing!!!

No bother malcox ;)

Advertisement