Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benro tripod review

• 26-01-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

As I mentioned before I was looking for a new tripod and I was recommended a Benro as sold on e-bay. I decided to go with this and it arrived last week. I have to say I am very impressed I bought the model C358m8. This may have been a little of an overkill the C258m8 would do most people. I was looking for a tripod that will support my Sigma 150-500 and to say this does the job is an understatement.

The specs.

8 Layer carbon fibre
    max height 1870mm
    min height 375 (how ever the centre column reversible)
    closed 610mm
    4 sections
    max load 18kg
    The mounting screw is reversible to take 3/8 or ¼.
    It also come’s supplied with spiked feet if the fitted rubber ones don’t suit and a carry strap and bag.
    It cost €260.00 landed. Delivery was very quick.

To the tripod:
    This looks like a copy of the Gitzo but is a fraction of the cost(€500.00) rumour has it Gitzo approached Benro to make their legs but never went ahead and in good old Chinese form they copied and started manufacturing their own. I have tried this over the weekend with the Sigma 150-500 chasing a kingfisher up and down a river and it is rock steady. Not a budge on it. The legs are extended by a twist lock system, which is supposed to be dust and waterproof. I found these a little hard to get used to as opposed to the manfrotto release but soon got used to it. There is also a level indicator and compass (don’t know why).
    It is light enough to carry around all day with out to much discomfort.
    One leg has a rubberised coating which is a nice touch. All the tools needed to change the feet , the mounting screw and tighten the legs are stored in a zip pocket in the carry bag.

The bag and straps are of a great quality and thankfully leave enough space for the head when fitted to the tripod.

Pros: Solid stable great value for the money Looks like it will be a solid long lasting performer.
    Cons: The locking system is a little stiff but I am getting used to this very quickly.

Recommend to a friend: Definitely

Advertisement