Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chippers in close proximity in South Dublin?

Options
  • 26-01-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, hoping you can do me a favour. I'm interested in any proper chippers/chineses etc. that are in close proximity to each other, say less than 1.5km apart in south and west Dublin. Any help appreciated.

I'm specifically looking for chineses close to other chineses and chippers close to other chippers, not a mix of takeaways in general, clear as mud? cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Dundrum has San Marino under the Luas bridge, Burdocks in the village, another chipper at the Coach House in Ballinteer (name escapes me) and Marsellas beside the Bottle Tower in Churchtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

murphaph wrote: »
    Hi all, hoping you can do me a favour. I'm interested in any proper chippers/chineses etc. that are in close proximity to each other, say less than 1.5km apart in south and west Dublin. Any help appreciated.

I'm specifically looking for chineses close to other chineses and chippers close to other chippers, not a mix of takeaways in general, clear as mud? cheers.
    Rathfarnham Village has two chineses a couple of doors from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Dun Laoghaire has Marsellas, The Ritz, The Lido and Miami Cafe chippers all within a short distance from each other. As well as numerous other take away places....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

any reason why in particular? sounds like and odd request.

Ballybrack has Manleys at Tesco, 2 in the village and a chipper right beside them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Sallynoggin has the Noggin Grill beside another retailer (keeps changing).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Deansgrange has Libero's and Macari's only 100m apart, with Aldo's in Cornelscourt about a mile away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

In Firhouse the shopping centre has two chippers facing each other across the parking lot no more than 100 metres apart.

Im not sure of the names now they were Cinnelis and Silvios but they may have re named one or both but they are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

http://www.just-eat.ie will give you a good idea of fast food outlets in an area when you supply it with the area you want to know about

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

In Deansgrange/ Kill O The grange, you have the Europa, down the road you have marios and oriental express beside each other.

Up the road you have another marios and paddy fields chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

any reason why in particular? sounds like and odd request.
    It's for a planning application. An existing take away owner has objected to my application to convert a shop to a chipper based on proximity, yet his premises is 1.4km away, a good 20 minute walk and I feel this is a totally bogus reason to object, seeing as he has absolutely no competition in the area. A bit of competition should be good for the consumer.

Thanks a million for the detail folks, but I need it retsricted specifically to take aways located in South County Dublin, ie, not the City or DLRCC administrative areas. Thanks again, it really helps to put together a counter argument.

The council can then decide given all the facts. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

murphaph wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the detail folks, but I need it retsricted specifically to take aways located in South County Dublin, ie, not the City or DLRCC administrative areas. Thanks again, it really helps to put together a counter argument.

The council can then decide given all the facts. :)
    Not to be narky but you should have specified that in the OP ;)
    South Dublin means different things to different people.

Not to be narky but you should have specified that in the OP ;)
    South Dublin means different things to different people.
    True, apologies for anyone put out. I am so focused on dealing with South Dublin CC that I forgot it is just an administrative area and not a God geographical part of County Dublin, lol. Cheers again for all help on this, much appreciated.

In Firhouse the shopping centre has two chippers facing each other across the parking lot no more than 100 metres apart.

Im not sure of the names now they were Cinnelis and Silvios but they may have re named one or both but they are still there.
    Hey Robbie, do you know any other chiipers (specifically) in the Firhouse/Old Bawn areas. Is there one in that shopping centre on the corner of Ballycullen Rd near the M50, where you turn left after coming off the M50 to head up to the Hellfire Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

murphaph, I hope you're not 'Anti Chipper'.. that would be a bad thing. :mad:

Amalgam wrote: »
    murphaph, I hope you're not 'Anti Chipper'.. that would be a bad thing. :mad:
    No, mate, I'm trying to OPEN one! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

C. Aprile and The Magic Chef in Stillorgan are about two doors apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Ron DMC wrote: »

with three chinese and an apache next to them too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Right, sorry for the crappy image but don't have any image editing programs on this PC.

Each square box is a take away(or take aways)
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/351/takeaways.gif

Bottom left(Ballycragh, actually Old Bawn Shopping Centre)
    1x Chinese - Top Tops
    1x Chipper - Macaris

North east (Firhouse Rd)
    1x Chinese: China House
    2x Chippers: Cinelli's, Colletti's

South East (Firhouse/Woodstown Village)
    1x Chinese: Not sure of the name

East over the M50:(Orlagh Shopping Centre)
    1x Chinese+Chipper(it's combined)
    1x Indian

East(Marked as Ballyboden, actually Whitechurch): Not sure of these!
    1x Chinese
    1x Chipper

North by North East(Beside Nutgrove S.C.)
    1x Chipper - Silvios?

Northwest(Rathfarnham Village, beside Dodder Valley Park)
    1x Chipper
    2x Chinese

West: Templeogue Village
    1x Silvios

Southeast:(Ballyroan)
    1x Chipper

South: Ballyroan Shopping Centre
    1x Chinese: Mandarian Inn

From Old Bawn to Firhouse S.C is 1.05km as the crow flies.
    From Firhouse S.C. to Woodstown is 0.95km as the crow flies
    From Woodstown to Orlagh is 0.95km as the crow flies.

Should be evidence enough!

Thanks very much for taking the effort to do that. I'll add them all to my map now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

2 Chinese's in Terenure village. There's also a chipper and a pizza place. Then in Rathgar there's a chipper and a PHD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Ron DMC wrote: »

With the Jumbo across the road, Pings only a few yards away, Apache opposite pings, Treasures [chinese] opposite pings aswell and Tandoori [an indian] beside Treasures.

Advertisement