Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a chinese in douglas

Options
  • 26-01-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, I'm living in Douglas at the moment, up near the top of Donnybrook hill. I'm looking for a nice Chinese takeaway in the area. Would prefer a place that can deliver, but I can collect if needs be.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well the Bamboo house is always a good option...I am not sure if they deliver, mind you sometimes their chicken can be very bad...

The two Thai I think restaurants too in Douglas Village they do loverly food mmm..They say it is Thai but in fairness tis all a bit of a mix here...

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Bamboo house is fine for cheap and cheerful takeaway - best option is ring ahead and order for collection. Lal Quila indian is very authentic and do takeaway, bit pricey though. If you're stuck, you just cant beat a good old KC's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SinchoE

Also living in Donnybrook, and the only chinese close by that'll deliver is Wao's attached to the Grange pub. I also find it much nicer than any of the chinese places in douglas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

SinchoE wrote: »
    Also living in Donnybrook, and the only chinese close by that'll deliver is Wao's attached to the Grange pub. I also find it much nicer than any of the chinese places in douglas!

Decided to follow your advice and take a spin up the road, now I'm stuffed, and the food was great!

Thanks for the recommendation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Ho chi feen

SinchoE wrote: »

Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Lal Quila indian is very authentic and do takeaway, bit pricey though. If you're stuck, you just cant beat a good old KC's!!

they offer 10% discount on collected take-aways now which is good considering two years ago I popped in there once and asked if they did take-away and the guy sort of sniggered and said no, suppose during the good times they didn't have to steep so low and doing take-away...ah, how times change.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

they offer 10% discount on collected take-aways now which is good considering two years ago I popped in there once and asked if they did take-away and the guy sort of sniggered and said no, suppose during the good times they didn't have to steep so low and doing take-away...ah, how times change.

Oh really? Good to know - no such 10% discount was offered to me last time I frequented....I'll be sure and ask next time:mad:

Advertisement