Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Beers this weekend (boards.org.uk refugee thread)

Options
  • 26-01-2010 12:30pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Those of you frequenting the London forum on boards.org.uk may be aware that we were planning our first beers of the new year this Saturday. Hopefully we'll get a good turnout with it being a) the weekend and b) payday.

The details are as follows:

Where: The Ship & Shovel (1-3, Craven Passage, Charing Cross, London, WC2N 5PH)
    When: Saturday 30th @ 7:00.
    Nearest Underground station: Charing Cross Road, Embankment, Leicester Square

Given that Zone 1 pubs tend to be jammed at the weekend I've picked a couple of alternatives we may try if the Ship & Shovel's too busy - it'll be either The Harp or The Princess of Wales. I'll try to post on-thread if we head to a different pub but the best bet is to PM me if you want to come along.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Hey Fysh,
    Thanks for organising this, I'll come along, see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Good job Fysh :)

Hopefully the UK boards will be back up soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I'll be along and maybe the brother if he's not off at yet another college piss up

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ztoical wrote: »
    I'll be along and maybe the brother if he's not off at yet another college piss up

Twist his arm and make him come along! It'll do him good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'll be there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm afraid I won't be able to make this. Not only is my husband still fairly unwell but I picked up a nasty bug in the hospital which put me in hospital for a night last week and I'm still feeling crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

iguana wrote: »
    I'm afraid I won't be able to make this. Not only is my husband still fairly unwell but I picked up a nasty bug in the hospital which put me in hospital for a night last week and I'm still feeling crap.

Crikey! You're having a bad run at the moment! You, husband and dog all trying to recover!! :( I think that's a good enough excuse not to make it :D

I still won't be making it...living as far away as I do. There's a chance I might make a February beers but more on that later :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Aw, I'm really sorry to hear that :( Hope you all recover soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

So how did the night go? Was the 4-barrier broken?

So how did the night go? Was the 4-barrier broken?

It was a grand night but the 4-barrier remains in place, sadly.

On the other hand, the Ship & Shovel turned out to be a great venue - decent layout, reasonable prices and not too busy considering it's in Zone 1 and we were in on a Saturday.

We'll be heading back there next time I'd say, though hopefully with reinforcements ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

hi guys, sorry haven't been around either boards site lately so only seen the message now!! I was moving that night so couldn't have gone anyways....am now in lovely suburbia that is Earlsfield...well for a few weeks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I didn't know this thread existed so didn't know where to go as boards.org.uk was down! I'm sorry I missed the beers!

Advertisement