Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For all you Irish Celtic fans

• 26-01-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Drogheda United -v- Celtic XI........Wed 3rd Feb 19:45..........United Park Drogheda

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=37948

http://droghedaunited.ie/news/single/id/1645

Neil Lennon is the manager and has suggested there will be a few first teamers over who are recovering from injury. And there are A LOT of them recovering from injury. 15 quid to see them, not bad. I wouldn't have been too enthusiastic but a chance to see some 'established first team players' is pretty exciting IMO.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Probably a similar team that played Shels two seasons ago iirc, bunch of kids. Still managed to fleece a couple of hundred Oirish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Probably a similar team that played Shels two seasons ago iirc, bunch of kids. Still managed to fleece a couple of hundred Oirish.

God you're appallingly belligerent.

Give it a rest ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well considering they play a League match the day before i'd say it's all it could be.

Still though if it makes them a few pound all is well, i don't think anybody will be fleeced though.

keane2097 wrote: »
    God you're appallingly belligerent.

Give it a rest ffs.

Just stating a point! Hardly starting a war.:D

Well considering they play a League match the day before i'd say it's all it could be.

Still though if it makes them a few pound all is well, i don't think anybody will be fleeced though.

€15 a ticket to see a bunch of kids playing a friendly is kinda being fleeced imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

€15 a ticket to see a bunch of kids playing a friendly is kinda being fleeced imo.

Well i would hope that anyone going would know the scene, therefore they would be prepared to pay €15 to see that, and you can't be voluntarily fleeced in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

have you seen the team celtic are sending over then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Shush. That's the whole point. They stump up before they realize. :D

Well i would hope that anyone going would know the scene, therefore they would be prepared to pay €15 to see that, and you can't be voluntarily fleeced in my opinion.

The majority going to see Celtic in Tolka Park didn't anyway and weren't to happy.:D
    event wrote: »
    have you seen the team celtic are sending over then?

Nope, but someone posted above they have a match the day before and generally (with the exception of the friendly they played against Finn Harps while back) the teams they send over our mostly kids with an odd reserve thrown in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ha. stoopid ppl not knowing how to spend their money eh gav. do you stand outside cinemas telling ppl what movies are sh1t too ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

€15 to see Drogheda United is a good price IMO :D

Jazzy wrote: »
    ha. stoopid ppl not knowing how to spend their money eh gav. do you stand outside cinemas telling ppl what movies are sh1t too ?

ye me m8s tink its whopper deadly.

Wouldn't stand outside, but I'd say it to mates and stuff giving a heads up, basically like this match. ;)
    Lollymcd wrote: »
    €15 to see Drogheda United is a good price IMO :D

€5 to see Drogs -v- Shels on Friday is a bargain so, pity public transport is a rip off.:D

€5 to see Drogs -v- Shels on Friday is a bargain so, pity public transport is a rip off.:D

€10 return on Bus Eireann 100X and €12 return on Matthews Coach (which will drop you very close to United Park) is hardly a rip off is it???
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,366 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I had a bet on with bet365 that Gavo would be in here spouting his usual. Looks like I am onto another winner

Lollymcd wrote: »
    €10 return on Bus Eireann 100X and €12 return on Matthews Coach (which will drop you very close to United Park) is hardly a rip off is it???
    :confused:

Twas a joke. Drogs away now on Thursday, still should be fun.:D
    I had a bet on with bet365 that Gavo would be in here spouting his usual. Looks like I am onto another winner

Good odds? Please don't call me Gavo; Gav, Havo, Gavin are the preferred.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Twas a joke. Drogs away now on Thursday, still should be fun.:D

Should Indeed. Especially with our lethal Robbie Martin/Glen Fitzpatrick strikeforce, who between them in 4 seasons with the club, have amassed 1 league goal.:eek:

Just want to quote something from the Drogs forum that got me quite excited.

No, if he [Robbie Keane] signs he will make his debut v Kilmarnock tomorrow.
    He needs match sharpness so he will probably play 45 minutes against us on Wednesday.
    Apparently Dermot Desmond wants him paraded in Ireland to help sell Celtic jerseys here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Why do you use the word Oirish?

Pro. F wrote: »

Good luck with that one Gavin:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,366 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It makes him feel big and it attempts to stamp his 'real' football fan persona

• Advertisement

fh041205 wrote: »
    He needs match sharpness so he will probably play 45 minutes against us on Wednesday.
    Apparently Dermot Desmond wants him paraded in Ireland to help sell Celtic jerseys here.

wow... Going for the hardsell there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will
    It makes him feel big and it attempts to stamp his 'real' football fan persona

If he said something like bluenose or hun, you'd probably send him a friend request?

Still managed to fleece a couple of hundred Oirish.

i especially love the way he puts it. makes it like this real smug '1-up' over the general populace that just dont know better.
    and the use of the term 'Oirish' as well. its like only he knows what its like to be irish and if they dont reach that standard then they are a fraud to be looked down on and fleeced by the superiors.

class act

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Football snobbery - the "I'm a better fan than you" line.

See www.chiponshoulder.com for more information. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Cos Gavo thinks to be "Irish" you have to go to whatever they call that hoofball bankrupt league now

You only get called "Oirish" if you support Celtic or go to see epic Ireland matches such as the one in Paris a few months ago. They try make you feel guilty and less Irish so you wil feel the need to join their little group of bum boys singing songs in some shed

If any of yous warranted a reply I'd give you one, but well you ain't!

Good to see Keane might be playing, one way or another I'd say United Park will be sold out, will the sits in the home shed be finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Cos Gavo thinks to be "Irish" you have to go to whatever they call that hoofball bankrupt league now

You only get called "Oirish" if you support Celtic or go to see epic Ireland matches such as the one in Paris a few months ago. They try make you feel guilty and less Irish so you wil feel the need to join their little group of bum boys singing songs in some shed

im not one for this oh your not a real supporter or oirish ****e but you sound like a fcuken eijet there, next time try and make a point without insulting every league of ireland fan cos we are not all of the attitude you think we are.!!!

regarding the game heard celtic are meant to be playing rovers hope so as id like to see keane in tallaght.

If any of yous warranted a reply I'd give you one, but well you ain't!

What do I have to do to warrant a reply? You used a term, specifically, to deride football fans of none Irish club teams and to, in fact, question their Irishness. I called you on it.

Since you're not going to answer me on that one, here's another question that you can ponder if you like: Why, how and when did you develope such a small minded, judgemental and self-righteous attitude?

What do I have to do to warrant a reply? You used a term, specifically, to deride football fans of none Irish club teams and to, in fact, question their Irishness. I called you up on it.

I'll use pictures.

1404.jpg3052949397_4cde1a1046.jpg
    990.jpgimg98111fs6ez3.jpg
    http://www.sportsfile.com/id/398974/

So Drogs -v- Glasgow Celtic?

• Advertisement

I just love when Liverpool score a 180 break when its in Deuce. 180 - 40 is the next score in the manchester olympiad, carlos tevez to score a slam dunk over coronation street rival gary neville in the 4th third.

am i doing it wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I'll use pictures.

1404.jpg3052949397_4cde1a1046.jpg
    990.jpgimg98111fs6ez3.jpg
    http://www.sportsfile.com/id/398974/

So Drogs -v- Glasgow Celtic?

Who are chelsep. Maybe its a new club starting off in Dublin. I might start supporting these.:)

Seriously though. Does this old chestnut have to be dragged back up for the thousand time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

PauloMN wrote: »
    See www.chiponshoulder.com for more information. ;)

Chip on Shoulder?

LOL at your sig Paulo.

What exactly have you proved with these pictures and that link?

Do they represent all the Irish people who follow a club outside Ireland? Do they prove something?

So, the question still stands: why did you use the word Oirish?
    Do you think you have some sort of god given right to insult Irish football fans who don't follow an LOI club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

You never know, you might see Keano!

PomBear wrote: »
    You never know, you might see Keano!

I didn't know Drogheda were in for Michael Keane!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

What exactly have you proved with these pictures and that link?

Do they represent all the Irish people who follow a club outside Ireland? Do they prove something?

So, the question still stands: why did you use the word Oirish?
    Do you think you have some sort of god given right to insult Irish football fans who don't follow an LOI club?
    He insults LOI fans too. The abuse people give Fingal fans is lol. Moan about people supporting a club in England then put down people who support a new club in the LOI. Tis funny, wouldn't pay much attention to it.

CHD wrote: »
    He insults LOI fans too. The abuse people give Fingal fans is lol. Moan about people supporting a club in England then put down people who support a new club in the LOI.

I and no other fans have no problems with Wexford thank you very much.

I and no other fans have no problems with Wexford thank you very much.
    I and no others mentioned Wexford. Thank you very much.

CHD wrote: »
    I and no others mentioned Wexford. Thank you very much.

You implied he didn't like Fingal simply cause they are a lovely new club. You know that's not the case.

You implied he didn't like Fingal simply cause they are a lovely new club. You know that's not the case.
    I was talking about about Fingal ,you might get that from my post too. Im sure Wexford are a lovely club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

PauloMN wrote: »
    Football is nothing without fans
    Do you think Jock Stein was talking about gob****es in 3D glasses in a pub in another country when he said that folks?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Do you think Jock Stein was talking about gob****es in 3D glasses in a pub in another country when he said that folks?

ooohhh id say you were RAGING at the 3d glasses thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

CiaranC wrote: »
    JockStein67.jpg

Jock Stein showing Eamon De Valera the European cup!

I think both of them would disagree with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Give it a rest ffs. Discuss the game and the game only or you will get an infraction and a ban. I can't dumb it down any more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

just on the pics that chelsea tri-colour is actually owed by a cockney that goes to shamrock rovers games or so im told on another forum!!!:cool:

YYYEEEEESS Robbie Keane signed for Celtic, on loan I think!!?! I'm so looking forward to this game now. He doesn't stand a chance against Damien Brennan, if he ever shows up that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Daisy Brennan is long term injured.

Des wrote: »
    Daisy Brennan is long term injured.

Is that an injury from last year? Any idea what injury?

fh041205 wrote: »
    Is that an injury from last year? Any idea what injury?

From our forum:
    Daisy Brennan won't be lining out for Drogs tomorrow - or for quite some time.

He had an op recently to sort out the hamstring problems which troubled him a lot last season. It didn't work out and he had to have further surgery this week in an attempt to reverse the first op.

He's still in hospital and will be out of action for quite a bit.

I know he may have one or two detractors on here - but no one wants to see a player suffer any injury or complications.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to him.

Advertisement