Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland Phones

• 26-01-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

I've been with 3 for a few years now and I want a new phone but their selection seems pretty dire so I'm thinking of switching to Meteor. But I don't really want to as Meteor's coverage seems poor.

So does anyone know if 3 are likely to be getting any new phones in the next short while?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've been with 3 for a few years now and I want a new phone but their selection seems pretty dire so I'm thinking of switching to Meteor. But I don't really want to as Meteor's coverage seems poor.

So does anyone know if 3 are likely to be getting any new phones in the next short while?

I'm in the same boat and would love to know

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eileen17

I am a current member of Meteor. I would not change to them I am in fact switching.
    My coverage is okish but not great and often cuts off. In my friends appartment can't get any bar and I'm often with Coverage for hours.
    Also if you have a problem with Meteor there customer care is shocking. I am waiting for them to give me a refund for over three weeks. I am due a refund for a phone which i returned. They guaranteed christmas delievery but couldnt deliever till 29th december. I went into the store and got a phone and sent that back when it came. Now they will not give a refund and can't get through to anybody with answers.
    Save yourself hassle people and switch to vodafone or o2 becasue meteor will only give you a big headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Meteor pissed me off last year when they agreed that my contract had expired, yet they weren't going to offer me an upgrade for another four months. Switched to 3, got a new phone and my bill dropped too. Due an upgrade from 3 about now I suppose, an SE slider will do me nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eileen17

well i definatly wouldnt advise anybody to go to meteor. They are a complete joke and think they can do what ever suits them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i was in a three store today looks like there going be getting new handsets within the next2/3 months, also if your on bill pay and your contract is up call there customer upgrade team they normally give you a better deal than the stores.(i told them i was going back to vf as i was getting the n97 for 250e i ended up getting it of 3 for 170+months renta free)l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

i told them i was going back to vf as i was getting the n97 for 250e i ended up getting it of 3 for 170+months renta free

How much were 3 originally going to charge you to upgrade to a N97?

Actually I just checked 3's website and they don't seem to sell the N97. How did you manage to get a N97 from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

the n97 was selling for 350 on upgrade its on there website all right click on the nokia section on mobiles,also the upgrade team is based in waterford now not mumbai when i renewed my contract last year they did not want me to move back to vf(my price plan is 80e a month).
    here is the link
    http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/nokia-n97-black-relax-350.htm

Advertisement