Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing Blades in Wahl Clipper

Options
  • 26-01-2010 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

My clipper was not cutting my dog's hair correctly, so I decided to align the blades correctly. Unfortunately when I loosened the screws, I didn't realise they were so small, and both blades fell on the kitchen table. When I try to put them back on, they just don't look right. The longer blade is straightforward as it is held in place with two screws. But the shorter blade is not sitting right, looks like it is off centre, does it pop on to the white plastic rectangle on the housing? I am afraid to apply too much pressure in case I damage it, any help gratefully appreciated as their instructions and several Google searches leave me in the dark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

Here is a link for wahl blade alignment

http://consumer.wahl.com/faq.cfm

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

The problem is it doesn't give details on how to actually replace the blades. I called in to a shaver centre on Camden St in Dublin at lunchtime and had a look at a clipper for human use, same mechanism. Turns out I was doing it right, he said if I bring it in to him, he'll have a look and see if there's something wrong with why it's not cutting right.

Advertisement