Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut Lion Bars??

Options
  • 26-01-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Are they still available? My pregnant wife is craving one but I cant find them anywhere..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Aren't peanuts one of the umpteen-zillion things you're not supposed to eat whilst being pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

You have rumbled my plan. I would have got away with it only for those pesky kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well I think there's two sides to the debate on peanut eating when pregnant... some say you should avoid them, some say you shouldn't (if you've no history of nut allergies) because it can be beneficial. So up to each person really and they can ask their doc if they're unsure.

Regarding getting peanut LionBars... I've not seen them in ages myself.
    Would a picnic or a starbar do maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

She hates raisins so a definite no to picnics. Star Bar is probably the best bet but still not the real answer.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hmm seems peanut LionBars may be gone altogether... google gave me a facebook page to 'bring them back'. That said someone else may know of where.

Would a Butterfinger Bar be any closer? Crispy and crunchy peanut butter bar it seems.
    Sweettoothcandy.ie do these (they're based in dublin) They also do Babyruth Bars (Chocolate covered peanuts, caramel and nougat bar)

Just an option to try if you definitely can't get PeanutLion bars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

star-pants wrote: »
    Would a Butterfinger Bar be any closer? Crispy and crunchy peanut butter bar it seems.
    Sweettoothcandy.ie do these (they're based in dublin) They also do Babyruth Bars (Chocolate covered peanuts, caramel and nougat bar)

Just an option to try if you definitely can't get PeanutLion bars

Those Butterfinger things are wogeous. The Babyruth are alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could always make her some. Get normal lion bars dip them in melted chocolate then dip into some broken peanuts to make them stick. I used to eat bars with peanuts on the side, i.e. eat both in the same mouthful, or spread peanut butter on bars. People think it mad until they cop on there is peanut butter in lots of bars, people think it is only meant for bread. Just like some people think it is odd to eat any animal other than pigs in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I'm sitting here with an unopened 24-bar box of Kitkat peanut chunkies that I got off ebay for £11 delivered :)

peanut nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm sitting here with an unopened 24-bar box of Kitkat peanut chunkies that I got off ebay for £11 delivered :)
    I am tracking your location right now, you better have a good alarm on your house.:pac:

Advertisement