Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You do not have enough posts to add a signature

Options
  • 26-01-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭

"You do not have enough posts to add a signature."

Small thing, but when you try to change your signature and you have a "low" post count, you get the above. It might be handy if you change this to tell the person how many posts they need for a signature.

I'm sure if I search, I'll find it on the FAQs somewhere, but while you are popping up the error message anyways...

Or even, when you register, you get a welcome PM saying "You need X amount of posts for the thanks button, You need X amount of posts for a signature", etc. Might be useful.

Cheers
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'll suggest it to the Tech team thanks.

It's 25 posts btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Hyperupdate

I approve of this 25 posts for sig and that on this forum. Spammers are major headache for forums

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

yea, good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I approve of this 25 posts for sig and that on this forum.

25 is a decent limit alright, its cool to have the error messages as helpful and as explanatory as possible. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

There's a notice displayed at the top of each page for new accounts that says:
    Hi **USERNAME**, In an effort to combat spammers and nuisance posters, some non-essential features (visitor messages, signatures, etc) have been disabled for users with less than 25 posts. Apologies for the inconvenience, it's in the best interests of all users. If you are new and have any questions, please make use of ourHelp Desk forum and the Boards Wiki. Thanks.

If you are from the media and want to interact with our users, please go to our Media Interaction forum first to introduce yourself before jumping right in and finding your account suspended. If you are here to promote your products and services or perhaps your great new website, please don't. You may also end up finding your account suspended.

Not sure when it disappears - I just checked it using a 0 post test account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cheers Steve. I've only ever had the one account so wasn't aware of that. It's not mentioned in the FAQ though and it really should be. And better again in the error message where only about 1% of people will miss it (hopefully...).

I added it to the sig rules and I'll suggest to Dav that the relevant part of the FAQ be changed but with all the difficulties with people's passwords and accounts, Dav and Darragh are really busy so I'm not pushing that near that plate for a wee while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It might be worth adding the poscount limit to the thanks part of the FAQ as well.

Thanking privileges kick in after 10 posts, 25 posts for everything else.

Another misconception that pops up the odd time is using the private message system - this isn't limited by postcount at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 joshjoshjosh

this quite annoyed me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

that cleared my problem up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 83,091 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The only problem I see with mentioning it takes 25 posts is you will thing get the gobsheens who make a race of it.

I mean dont get me wrong, the type is typically in danger of getting nuked before they ever see the skirt of 25 posts; but why encourage them :cool:

• Advertisement

just got mine hahahaha yay:cool:

anto kerr wrote: »
    just got mine hahahaha yay:cool:

• For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    • For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

So you're 250 Pixels too wide and about 50kb too fat. Sorry sir but thank you for playing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Overheal wrote: »

• For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    • For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

So you're 250 Pixels too wide and about 50kb too fat. Sorry sir but thank you for playing :)

speaking of too fat - do me a favour and knock about 20 B's outta your tagline plstx

Overheal wrote: »

wha the hell are you on about

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

anto kerr wrote: »
    wha the hell are you on about

It's a history lesson by quoting out of date rules about sigs. The current ones being here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=547710

tbh wrote: »
    speaking of too fat - do me a favour and knock about 20 B's outta your tagline plstx
    NES_controller.jpg

Never! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭TMH

Beruthiel wrote: »

It's 25 posts btw.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭The Bad Pawn

Thanks, was looking for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tbfrance11

now i know :)) i've been struggling posting to gain the right to have a siggy without knowing how many posts are needed LOOOOOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nandla

Nice way to get rid of spammers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

nandla wrote: »
    Nice way to get rid of spammers

Only 24 more posts until you get your spammy signature :P

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

Has the post ceiling been raised?
    Apparently I have 40 posts yet I still can't create a signature.

Possibly it's 25 new threads Vs 25 replies to existing posts?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Your signature wouldn't be for Eden Studios, would it?

Just a heads up, you can't use your company name as your username (without becoming a verified rep). Someone will be in touch. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Your account must also be older than 10 days.
    Has the post ceiling been raised?

Possibly it's 25 new threads Vs 25 replies to existing posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

Dades wrote: »
    Your signature wouldn't be for Eden Studios, would it?

Just a heads up, you can't use your company name as your username (without becoming a verified rep). Someone will be in touch. :)

Jus found out! Will amend tomorrow.

Advertisement