Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evening courses

Options
  • 26-01-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi all I've been told I'm being put on a three day week in work. I was wondering has anyone applied for evening courses on here and what were there thoughts.

Also will the fas/social welfare schemes assist me with payments or grants to do evening courses.

I would be interested in doing business management/ business studies degree or investment funds management.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hi all I've been told I'm being put on a three day wee in work. I was wondering has anyone applied for evening courses on here and what were there thoughts.

Also will the fas/social welfare schemes assist me with payments or grants to do evening courses.

I would be interested in doing business management/ business studies degree or investment funds management.

Thanks in advance.

I have done the 1 day a week 10 week long Photography course.

It was very well run and excellent value for money.

But I think you mean doing a full time evening course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

draffodx wrote: »
    I have done the 1 day a week 10 week long Photography course.

It was very well run and excellent value for money.

But I think you mean doing a full time evening course?

Thanks draffodx for your insight, It is a full time course (Part time) if you understand what i mean. Something like two evenings a week.

Have you been to the life long learning centres website?

Some good info there

http://www.learn.ie/www/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

draffodx wrote: »
    Have you been to the life long learning centres website?

Some good info there

http://www.learn.ie/www/default.asp

Ive no thanks button yet, but thanks i missed that website. :)

Ive no thanks button yet, but thanks i missed that website. :)

No worries, let us know how you get on or if you need anymore info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I'm actually going to start chinese for beginers in septemeber myself .

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭BLACKEN

Sarge wrote: »
    I'm actually going to start chinese for beginers in septemeber myself .

I was actually thinking of starting that course too! but im a complete beginner in chinese. it would jus make my c.v. stand out!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'm in third year of the Business Studies part-time course in Dundalk!

I have classes two evenings a week (Mon & Wed) and still work full time Mon to Fri as well. Its very tiring working all week, going to college two evenings and trying to fit in time for studying as well but its definately worth it. The courses only run from September until April so its only really 7 months of the year.

You should be able to download a brochure from the Lifelong Learning site about the different courses available but I would definately recommend it to anyone looking to get a degree/diploma.

I'm only 23 (youngest in the class) and haven't got a wife/kids to look after so I haven't found it too tough but there are people in my class who have families and kids to look after as well as all the other college and work stuff to do. They all say it is very tiring but everyone seems happy in the course and most have stuck with it so far and will keep going to get the degree next year.

My employers paid for me to do the course so I'm not too familiar with the money end of things but I think FÁS do a scheme where they pay a % of the course fees back to the employer if they are paying for your course. I'm not sure of FÁS are still doing this but the Lifelong Centre should be able to advise you about this.

If you have any questions you need answering you can drop me a private mail if you like or just post on the thread either!

Good luck with it anyway

Advertisement