Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband in Castlebridge

Options
  • 26-01-2010 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anyone know if Eircom broadband in Castlebridge village area is up to speed? I'm with Skytel wireless at the moment and i'm getting constant 2 MB (well '1.8 ish'). Was thinking of a switch to Eircom 7 MB but i've heard rumours that actual speeds are mostly below I MB ?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

I'm subscribed to the 7MB service from Eircom and I'd say it's fairly close to what's promised, although it does seem to dip in the evenings. Now I'm very close to the exchange so I'd expect a good figure.
    (Note that this is just anecdotal, I havent spent any time monitoring it!)
    Costs e60 to e65 per month which worked out as better value than Permanet my previous wireless provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 passinthru

I switched anyway, and as it happens only went online with Eircom last night. I'm getting 5.5 last two evenings, which is as good really as i expected, although probably should'nt be satisfied considering i'm paying for 7! Anyway, next step 24 MB -they tell me my line is good for 20 - so for a couple of Euro extra each week may as well give it a go!

Advertisement