Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for rough guides on the price of housing rewire

Options
  • 26-01-2010 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I am in the process of buying my first home, there is alot of work needed and I am trying to estimate costs for the work. How much would a rewire cost (roughly) for a 2 bed house, electric shower is in, alarm system is new, I want two wired smoke detectors in hall and landing, 4 double plugs in front room, 3 in both bedrooms, 6 in Kitchen/ Dining room. Two outside lights, (back and front) tv, phone and broadband to be wired for. Not sure if there is an earth rod, so as I said Im just looking for a rough guide, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 orion12

I taught I had given a fairly detailed explaination of what has to be done? Does no one have an idea of how much this would roughly cost? Or is more information required? Let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Assuming all is ok with the existing installations *

€100 per double socket , TV , phone point
    €200 per smokey and ext light
    IF you need a consumer unit ( fuseboard ) - €500-700

Costs exclude patching up and redecorations

*ONLY use a RECI or ECCSA registered electrician ( and pay only upon receipt of an ETCI completion certificate ) - who must also identify and recommend remedial works if required to the existing works .

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

If you're just looking at the house budget 5k for the rewire, by the sounds of it it's quite a basic one.
    When the time comes if you have more than 5k available you might want a higher spec job.
    As has been stated already, only use an ECSSA or RECI registered contractor.

Good luck with it.

Thanks guys, at least I know now what to expect when I am getting quotes :D

Oh just one other thing, if the chasing was done and floor boards were up, how much could I expect off the price? Thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Maybe 10% - cost of apprentice labour . Sparks won't usually be keen as the chance of un co ordinated work arises . But you can only ask .

Thanks Guys very helpful :D

Advertisement