Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QPR fans rant on a fans forum

• 26-01-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭

Stolen from somewhere else but very funny:

I take more pleasure in seeing Chelsea lose than I do in seeing QPR
    win at the moment.

I sat through so many matches when we were absolute dogs**t under the
    likes of Ray Harford and with people like Paul Bruce, Matthew Brazier
    and Mark Perry in the squad and I never felt like this.

The club isn't ours anymore but moreso than that - football is just
    properly gash these days.

I mean really gash.

football generally.

I hate nearly everything about it these days....

I hate the Prem and the myth that it is exciting this year. Man City
    breaking into the top four isn't exciting. They spent loads of money.
    It's no more exciting that Nameless C*** getting to number 1 in the
    charts after winning the X-Factor.

I hate the myth of Arsene's kids. Buying some French kid when he's
    17, playing him in the League Cup and then selling him when he's 20
    after about 3 appearances in the league is NOTHING SPECIAL.

I hate hearing about Liverpool/Man Utd's debt but nothing ever
    happening about it. A club needs to go to the wall for the money
    thing to change but it doesn't happen. Why the **** are Charlton,
    Leeds and Southampton still in business?

I hate Frank Lampard's stupid f'ing face. I hate John Terry being
    England captain when he's CLEARLY AN OAF.

I hate the England team.

I hate young exciting wingers who have nothing but pace. Tony Scully
    had nothing but pace.

I hate the FA Cup. There may be little shocks like last night but for
    the most part you know who's going to win it. Unless a team throws
    away all their financial security to win it a la Pompey.

I hate Harry f'ing Redknapp. And Jamie Redknapp. And Louise Redknapp.
    And the Wii.

I hate James Nesbitt, Eammon Holmes and f***ing everyone.

I hate Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer.

I hate Garth Crooks.

I hate Garth Brooks for that matter.

I hate Sky Sports.

I hate that when a lower league player beats 10 players and chips the
    keeper it doesn't matter but if Rooney scores from more than 20 yards
    it's amazing.

I hate that everything football related has to have 'Club Foot'
    playing behind it.

I hate that female sports journos are now mandatory.

I hate Mark Lawrensen for not coming out. 'I do like a big man at the
    back'. I bet you do.

I hate any advert that portrays football to be about anything other
    than pain and disappointment.

I hate any advert that mentions pies at football.

I hate Lee Hughes and the fact that he makes a living from the game.
    I hate Marlon King and any team that signs him when he gets out. I
    hate that it'll probably be us.

I hate Phil Brown.

I hate 'well the ball is a lot lighter now and will cause goalkeepers
    real problems this summer' before EVERY F'ING TOURNAMENT.

I hate that Kieron Dyer earned more in the time I took to write this
    post than I'll earn this month.

I hate Adrian Durham, Ian Wright and Alan Brazil.

I hate Gazza. Either die or shut up. Stop f'ing lingering.

I hate hearing about Hillsborough more than I hear about Heysel or
    Bradford.

I hate that a comeback from 4-0 down at half time (TWICE) means
    nothing because we aren't f'ing scouse.

I hate Leeds.

I hate Roy Keane.

I hate grown men wearing football shirts of their team whilst
    shopping on a saturday when their team is playing at home.

I hate that I don't hate Roy Hodgson.

I hate Jermaine Beckford and any player who has neck tattoos.

I hate songs being inappropriately taken as club anthems and then
    sung in a manly way. 'I'm forever blowing bubbles....'. Gaylords.

I hate Danny Dyer and anyone he's ever interviewed.

I hate the book 'Cass' by Cass Pennant. It is honestly the stupidest
    thing I've ever read. Chapter 1: Millwall. 'Yeah we took 50 to
    Millwall. They had 1000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the
    street'. Chapter 2: Liverpool. 'Yeah we took 50 to Liverpool. They
    had 2000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the street'. Fk
    me... Jade Goody's autobiography is probably better. Even her
    non-ghost written one.

I hate that all good youngsters end their careers at Spurs before they start.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Posted already think it was from 606 on BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I see. I've only just got back on, must have missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I wanted to post it yesterday from footballforums.net but the stupid thing wouldn't let me copy and paste. Still very funny though. Lets hope he'll have more to rant about after tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

keano_afc wrote: »
    I take more pleasure in seeing Chelsea lose than I do in seeing QPR
    win at the moment.

Hardly a QPR fan so.:rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I also take more pleasure in seeing Chelsea lose than I do in seeing QPR win at the moment.

I sat on a barstool through so many Arsenal matches when you were absolute dog****e under some fella I vaguely recall and with a load of guys in the squad who I've never heard of. I never felt like you do, either.

The club isn't yours anymore, but that's okay because I'm an Arsenal fan and football for a barstooler like me is great these days.

I mean really great.

Football generally.

I love nearly everything about it these days....

I love the Prem and the myth that Spurs might break into the top four this year. Man City breaking into the top four is exciting, because it means Spurs won't. They spent loads of money and will still end up in the wafer cup, a competition which is no more exciting than a Nameless **** getting to number 1 in the charts after winning the X-Factor.

I love the myth of Arsene's kids. Buying some French kid when he's 17, playing him in the League Cup and then selling him when he's 20 after about 3 appearances in the league paid for Arsenal's new youth academy setup.

I love hearing about Liverpool/Man Utd's debt. It gives me hope that Arsenal might win something again. Why the **** are Charlton, Leeds and Southampton still in the lower leagues, while Chelsea, Spurs and United aren't?

I'd love to think of a way to disagree with talk about Frank Lampard's stupid f'ing Face but I'm struggling. I agree, John Terry is CLEARLY AN OAF. You've got me there, you bastard.

I love the England team. ****ing it up at the Quarter Finals every time. Makes it easy for the Irish to still enjoy International football despite being a shower of ****e ourselves.

I love young exciting wingers who have nothing but pace. Without them Arsenal would only have 2 Englishmen (welcome back Sol!) in the first team squad. Tony Scully eh? He's Irish so I've heard of him, but less of the lower league references please. It isn't fair on us.

I love the FA Cup. No, wait, I don't really. Damnit.

I love Louise Redknapp and her sexy little arse. I'm going to move on and hope you don't notice that I skipped the rest of the family and the console that has people clowning about like retards in pubs up and down the country.

I love James Nesbitt. Murphy's Law was a good show. Eamonn Holmes, he's that guy with the face, right?

I love Gary Lineker's new bird. I don't know who Alan Shearer is banging.

I love Garth Crooks. He makes me appreciate Johnny Giles and Eamonn Dunphy all the more. I miss Chippy.

I love Garth Brooks for that matter. You should visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. It'll make you appreciate the rich history that the genre has.

I love Sky Sports. Where would I be without it? Probably at a local game in Dublin somewhere, watching fellas who don't even names on the back of their shirts. What the ****, like?

I love that when a lower league player beats 10 players and chips the keeper it doesn't matter because invariably it goes over the bar. Rooney scores from more than 20 yards and it's amazing that England have managed to produce a player.

I don't know what Club Foot means. It's probably because I'm a barstooler. I looked it up on wikipedia and it was pretty nasty.

I love that female sports journos are now mandatory. Where would the NSFW threads on them be otherwise?

I love Mark Lawrensen for not coming out. I'm the big man.

I love any advert that portrays football to be about anything other than pain and disappointment. It reminds me that I chose to support a team that wins things sometimes (though not recently) and plays laaaaaavly footbawwwwl.

I love any advert that mentions pies at fooball, because it reminds me that Newcastle got relegated.

I love Lee Dixon and the fact that he makes a living from the game. I love Ledley King. He reminds me of another Spurs-bred centre-half and captain.

I hate Phil Brown. You're spot on there.

This one is unspinnable. Move along.

I love that I've never listened to Five Live, and never will.

I love Gazza. He gives me hope that Rooney might not be awesome for another decade.

I'm not touching this one.

I love that a comeback from 4-0 down at half time (TWICE) means nothing. It's because nobody cares about lower league teams. Maybe if you didn't keep going 4-0 down in the first place, you wouldn't have that problem.

I love Leeds. They've helped educate half of Spurs' shower of mediocrity.

I love Roy Keane.

I love grown men wearing football shirts of their team whilst shopping on a saturday when their team is playing at home. It makes me feel smug and superior, and as a barstooler I don't often get to do that.

I love that I love Roy Hodgson.

I love Jermaine Beckford. He's given me plenty of reasons to do so lately.

I love songs being inappropriately taken as club anthems and then sung in a manly way. 'The Wonder of You'. I wouldn't be able to hear atmosphere on the TV at all without them.

Yeah, I hate Danny Dyer too.

I love that you've read a book by a football hooligan. They're the antithesis to barstoolers. How great that even they have opportunities in life. What a wonderfully diverse world we live in.

I love that all 'good' youngsters end their careers at Spurs before they start. Dramatically improves everyone else's chances of getting the ones with genuine talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Damn he was having a bad day !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

humor fail ^ :p

I hate grown men wearing football shirts of their team whilst
    shopping on a saturday when their team is playing at home.

Always laugh at that myself, or going to work on a Saturday or Sunday on the luas and you'll see an array of English club jerseys when "their team" is playing the very moments they're sitting on the luas.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's good, but not quite the Grimbsy fan letter!

Always laugh at that myself, or going to work on a Saturday or Sunday on the luas and you'll see an array of English club jerseys when "their team" is playing the very moments they're sitting on the luas.:rolleyes:
    Well you can hardly expect Irish supporters of English teams to be at every match they.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

grenache wrote: »
    Well you can hardly expect Irish supporters of English teams to be at every match they.

I think that's what he's getting at.;)

Right just get the oul Irish supporting crap out of the way, etc... But ffs how easy is it for many barstoolers to support a club, they sit at a bar for 90 mins and then back to normal life of sitting on the luas. How someone couldn't take 90 mins out of the one day a week "their team" plays is beyond me.

I manage to get to games which can be roughly 12 hour round trips (Donegal and back) while being a full-time student and having a part-time job, still manage to buy clothes, etc... around them. I know I'm Super.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stolen from somewhere else but very funny:

You visit gamefaqs by any chance?

Why don't you quit your job and work for the Eircom League? You might as well get paid for all the work you do for them.

noodler wrote: »
    Why don't you quit your job and work for the Eircom League? You might as well get paid for all the work you do for them.

Eircom aren't the primary sponsor as of last season, the league sponsorship is split between a few sponsors and is now know as the League of Ireland.

Eircom aren't the primary sponsor as of last season, the league sponsorship is split between a few sponsors and is now know as the League of Ireland.

Why don't you quit your job and work for the League of Ireland? You might as well get paid for all the work you do for them.

Right just get the oul Irish supporting crap out of the way, etc... But ffs how easy is it for many barstoolers to support a club, they sit at a bar for 90 mins and then back to normal life of sitting on the luas. How someone couldn't take 90 mins out of the one day a week "their team" plays is beyond me.

I manage to get to games which can be roughly 12 hour round trips (Donegal and back) while being a full-time student and having a part-time job, still manage to buy clothes, etc... around them. I know I'm Super.;)
    So you think that people have the money and time to be flying to England to watch their team every week? Its easy for you to attend lots of LOI games, you're from Dublin so nearly half of them are in your own backyard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

you're from Dublin so nearly half of them are in your own backyard.

With Shels being in the wonderful world that is Division 1 you can hardly call Ballybofey, Wexford, Waterford, Limerick or Monaghan his "own backyard"

For the upcoming season Bray will be the nearest away trip ... followed by Athlone and/or Longford which is in and around an hour away ... similar time to a trip to UK

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    With Shels being in the wonderful world that is Division 1 you can hardly call Ballybofey, Wexford, Waterford, Limerick or Monaghan his "own backyard"

For the upcoming season Bray will be the nearest away trip ... followed by Athlone and/or Longford which is in and around an hour away ... similar time to a trip to UK

Spot on. And wouldn't be far off the cost of a day trip to a cheap EPL match I'd say.

Spot on. And wouldn't be far off the cost of a day trip to a cheap EPL match I'd say.

How on earth?

I respect very much what you do and all but how does that add up?

• Advertisement

The logistics of getting to a game in England are more complicated than driving down to Wexford or Limerick to watch Shelbourne. If i want to go see Forest, even for a day trip, i have to request time off work, (miss college lectures if its a midweek game) book flights and often may have to stay in accomodation for one night if times of return flights dont suit me. My last trip to Nottingham in December cost me E150 (flights, match ticket, hotel, train, club shop) thats before you add in drink and food. I doubt very much that a trip down the country will cost you as much as a trip across the Irish sea.

... thats before you add in drink and food. I doubt very much that a trip down the country will cost you as much as a trip across the Irish sea.

You need a lot of drink on board to face a game in Jackman Park.

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    You need a lot of drink on board to face a game in Jackman Park.

Especially when the locals come out to see you off at the station where the supporters' bus is parked.:D

Especially when the locals come out to see you off at the station where the supporters' bus is parked.:D

To be fair we havn't had much bother in Limerick in the past few years ... only place we got hassle in recent times was in Dundalk ... bus parked about a 1 minute walk from Oriel ... we got out and 30 seconds into our 1 minute walk we were accosted by a crowd of tools wanting to know where our bus was so they could stone it!!! You could see lads stepping off the bus but they still didnt cop where it was :D
    (sorry fo dragging that bit off topic ... was just a funny incident)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

meant to ask where did this rant come from. has anyone else come across it.

Advertisement