Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price difference on the HD 5870

Options
  • 26-01-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering why there is such a difference in price on the same videocard but different company!

For the example the Saphire is considerably cheaper than the Asus version. Is it just down to brand name or is there more to it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Well some cards have varied warranties, some have different coolers and some come preoverclocked.

Some come with different packaging and little pluses n' stuff too, Like shiny stickers and door hangers :p

IMO It's generally best to go for the cheapest model, unless the price between it and something better is only small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Just to add to Effluo's good reply,
    The Asus cards come with software called "Voltage Tweak Technology" so if you decide to OC the card you can raise the volts using there software and not void the warrenty.You can use the likes of Msi Afterburner to raise volts also but as far as i know other brands warrenties will be voided if doing so.

This being said who knows if they can tell if the cards been overvolted unless you brake it whilest doing so and rma it.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Well I am not really into overclocking and I am not sure its worth the extra money for another year on the warranty! So maybe I will go for the cheaper one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

50 quid more for an extra year warranty but no dirt2, what a rip !:pac:
    I'd be inclined to go for the sapphire myself tbh.

Advertisement