Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very high hedge- needs cutting!

Options
  • 26-01-2010 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi

We have a hedge running along the main road in Co. Wicklow, but it is about 20 ft high, and so can't be cut with a normal ladder and hedge trimmer.

Does anyone know of someone who cuts these hedges? I was thinking of the way the council have a machine to do this, or how farmers cut these with attachments to a tractor. I don't need the clippings picked up etc- I can do that. I just need someone with the right equipment to drive along and cut the front face and top of the hedge. It really should just be a few minutes in the right hands.

Thanks- suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

There are lots of maintenance contractors/ landscape gardeners/ tree surgeons who will do this, have a look in the Golden Pages for your area. Just make sure they have insurance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Look under agricultural contractors , they have those attachments for their tractors as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

bertie1 wrote: »
    Look under agricultural contractors , they have those attachments for their tractors as well

IMO this is the best option for you. Get a few quotes first, all these guys do the same job but some charge excessive prices.

Advertisement