Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook in Student Village's

Options
  • 26-01-2010 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Is it just me or is Facebook broken in the student villages the last while.

Posting comments is next to impossible and Facebook chat doesn't really want to work either.

I've tried messing around with all the proxy settings etc to no avail.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Think it just happens everywhere, facebook can be very glitchy at times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

its a facebook problem not a accomodation problem

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Facebook is working perfectly fine when using internet tethering with my iphone.

It's also working perfectly fine on an Eircom broadband connection so problem is something to do with the UL/HEANET network.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

digiking wrote: »
    Facebook is working perfectly fine when using internet tethering with my iphone.

It's also working perfectly fine on an Eircom broadband connection so problem is something to do with the UL/HEANET network.

alright well im off campus and i get the problems you describe both at home and on campus

do you have a mac / pc? firefox / ie / safari?

iv a mac with firefox if that narrows it down at all

Yup - Running on a mac here too.

OS X Snow Leopard
    Safari

Alan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Its been a problem for most people today, it's a facebook problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Aye it's been happening for me the last few days too both at work where the internet connection is routed through Sweden and at home where I'm connected with Smart. It would seem to point to a Facebook problem rather than an individual network.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

from a friends status
    Has your facebook been running slow lately? Check your 'application settiings', go into 'added to profile'. If you see one in there called "un named app" delete it...go out of it then return to it to make sure its gone.... Its an internal spybot. Pass it on seems to have affected a lot of us I had it so check if you do too.

Facebook has been behaving itself since last night anyways...Seems to have fixed itself anyways.

Thanks
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

bazkennedy wrote: »
    from a friends status

Unnamed App is your boxes tab on your profile...it is not a "spybot" or spyware. Deleting it only casues more problems.

source: http://www.facebook.com/help/?question=327204

• Advertisement
Advertisement