Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens when your contract expires?

• 26-01-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

My contract with O2 is due to expire in Feb! Do they automatically renew it for another year or do they ask you or what happens?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

They just keep the same terms and conditions going until you decide to change it. If you tried to change to another service provider during the contract period, they may have charged you to terminate the contract but once it's ended, you are free to do as you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Your contract continues until you opt-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Baza210 wrote: »
    Your contract continues until you opt-out.

Oh ok so I better find out the exact date in Feb and ring them to say I don't want it extended!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

some operators require one months notice to cancel conection even if your out of contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

py2006 wrote: »
    Oh ok so I better find out the exact date in Feb and ring them to say I don't want it extended!
    It doesn't "extend" as such. Once you're out of your minimum term, it becomes a 30 day rolling contract. You need to give them 30 days notice (usually written) to cancel your billpay plan once outside your minimum term.

• Advertisement
Advertisement