Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Navan for 14th Feb?

Options
  • 26-01-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Has anyone got any recommendations for a nice restaurant (not very expensive) in the Navan area for Valentine's night? Open to any selection of tastes, European/Chinese/Indian/Italian or even other cuisines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

tbh, I stopped going out on Feb 14th and prefer to cook at home - but I hear The Russell is lovely.

Marini's on Flower Hill is a really nice and reasonable Italian.

The China Garden on Brew's Hill remains the best value in town though, great food and not too expensive - may I recommend the Duck Soo Chow?

After that theres The Loft & Thai Orchid and of course Zuchinis- but I haven't been to them in ages.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Thanks very much for your recommendations, I appreciate it. :) Will look into some of those places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Shahi Tandoori (Indian restaurant) on Watergate street do Valentine night specials, and they're very reasonable - and their meals are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Whats the name of that Italian restaurant in flowerhill? (not the one beside the river.....yuk!) That is a lovely place to eat-I would pass it a thousand times but it was recommended by a mate and we kept coming back.....

axel rose wrote: »
    Whats the name of that Italian restaurant in flowerhill? (not the one beside the river.....yuk!) That is a lovely place to eat-I would pass it a thousand times but it was recommended by a mate and we kept coming back.....

Piccolo Roma is the one i think you mean. Used to be great but the portions were small and Giovannis next door would be rattled for a bag of chips afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

China Garden on Brew's Hill is a top class Chinese....

O'Briens in Johnstown is great food with some very good value....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Don't go out for dinner on 14th as i find your menu choice can be limited, and they turn round the tables pretty quickly.

Though there are some good places mentioned there, also Oriental Palace above Donohues is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Copper and Spice Indian restaurant is absolutely delicious, found the staff to be lovely and the food really good, its up the street from the newgrange, can't remember street name! Been there twice and can't fault it! Enjoy your nite wherever you decide, E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

eimear1 wrote: »
    Copper and Spice Indian restaurant is absolutely delicious, found the staff to be lovely and the food really good, its up the street from the newgrange, can't remember street name! Been there twice and can't fault it! Enjoy your nite wherever you decide, E

That street is called Ludlow ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

The worst night of the year to go to a restaurant is 14th Feb...Avoid! Avoid!

• Advertisement

All the more reason to go for somewhere like the China Garden to be fair.

Even though I prefer to cook as the OH just lurrrves T-Bone steak from a particular butchers, if I was to go out that's where I'd go. I was there 2 weeks ago and it was really fantastic - 3 courses with a soft drink each for less than 67 lids. (Dim Sum, Duck Soo Chow and Sticky Toffee Pud for me, Duck Spring Roll, Duck Chow Mein and Banana Split for OH)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

I'd just like to thank you all for your help, My fairer half and I went to the China Garden and had a beautiful meal very reasonably priced. :)

Glad to help! Damn, have to wait 'til the end of Lent for the next visit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I was in the Copper and Spice Indian in Navan last night and I have to say it was very bland! I wouldn't recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hunbun

I eat in copper and spices all the time. Amazing service and food is far from bland. Best Asian restaurant in navan if not meath. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Paddy Fllan

Hi all

Can anyone help me with some history on the above address. At one time it was called ross's bar/tavern. Is there any historians on Navan out there.

thanks Paddy Fallan

email falkirkexpress@yahoo.co.uk

Advertisement