Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel rebel

Options
  • 26-01-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

anybody know anything about rebel surf boards, what kind of rep do they have? cant seem to find much on the web about them
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

the reason i ask is...Im currently on a 7'3" bic but was thinking of changing to a 7'2 x 20&3/4" x 2&5/8" rebel. i know nothing about them but i was worried about the width and stability what does any1 think?

This also means i have a 7'3" bic for sale i guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

A quick google search revealed them to be branded chinese pop out boards on another forum. Take from that what you will.

Seems a bit of a waste to go down so little in size

I didn't find any thing about china, but all i could find was

http://www.jbaysurfboards.co.za/

i know there isn't much difference in lenght but its a step up from plastic right?

This is the thread I found on the net.

Cheers Kodute for the link and getting back to me, but i think they are a different crowd. the symbols are different. they are based in usa, the rebel bd that im looking at i think are based in South africa. probably the same stuff though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Hey... how much are they charging for the rebel board in question??

280 of the euro money!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

where abouts did you see em for sale???

do you think its good value? the fins with it look pretty ****, and there seems to be a line in the foam under the glass, maybe 4 inches long, could be a crack?

Think you've really answered your own question at this stage! ;)

Look you've only been surfing a couple of months right? Then stick with the bic for a while. If you have progressed to the point where the limitations of the board are holding you back (After a couple of months??!) then go to a local shaper and see what they can do for you. It will be pricey but worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

kodute wrote: »
    Think you've really answered your own question at this stage! ;)

Look you've only been surfing a couple of months right? Then stick with the bic for a while. If you have progressed to the point where the limitations of the board are holding you back (After a couple of months??!) then go to a local shaper and see what they can do for you. It will be pricey but worth it.

not all of us are pricey!!

glide wrote: »
    not all of us are pricey!!

Ive seen your blog man, if you're not pricey then you are undercharging! Some class looking boards!

Advertisement