Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows not "seeing" printer - Help!

• 26-01-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Windows XP.

Printer: Samsung ML - 1510

I had to disconnect my printer from the USB port in order to install something else.

Since I reconnected it, it is no longer "seeing" the printer. It has always installed the printer automatically and I don't have any CD software for it.

In Control Panel/Add Hardware when I choose the option saying that I have already connected the device and scroll down to my printer on the list, it has a yellow question mark in front of it instead of the plug symbol.

How can I make Windows "find" and reinstall the printer?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Right click on the device (question mark) and choose the update driver option. If you are connected to the internet it should go off and find the drivers and sort it out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks.

I get two choices, Install Automatically or Install from a Specific Location. No obvious internet option. Maybe that's the automatic one? Anyway, no joy there.

I've also tried removing the printer in Device Manager and plugging it in again. But, Windows still doesn't install it properly.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

D.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yeah, the automatic one is the one i was talking about.

Do any other devices work on the USB port where the printer is connected?
    Are you connecting the printer while it is powered?
    Any change if it is used on another USB port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I downloaded a driver from the Samsung site and it has worked with one program but not (yet) with another!

So, I'm on the right track, but it bugs the hell out of me when Windows fails to use a Windows driver that it has pre-installed.

Computers, eh? :confused:

Thanks for your help.

D.

Advertisement