Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1988 National Cup

Options
  • 26-01-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine recently posted this on youtube.Its the final quarter. Just look at the crowd in the baskground. It looks like an amazing atmosphere. Has anybody else out there goy any old footage??

The Famous Clash in the Semi Final between old rivals Neptune (Burgerland) and Blue Demons (Dawn Milk) in the National Cup 1988. Held in a packed Neptune Stadium Cork.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Great stuff. Hope your friend uploads some more footage, if he has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

ascanbe wrote: »
    Great stuff. Hope your friend uploads some more footage, if he has it.
    Buy hanging from the Rafters. Recounts that whole era. One of the best sports books i have ever read. It was like being back there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh memories, I was at that match.. went to 3 or 4 finals in Nepture during those few years, was fantastic... :)

Even played there a few times, much better than the Arena in Tallaght imo..

Neptune used to have a fantastic atmosphere.. :)

Advertisement