Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value network?

• 26-01-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    I have just moved to Ireland and need to get a pay as you go mobile. Can someone recommend which is the best network - I want it to be as cheap as possible but not at the expense of poor coverage/service. I'm based in Dublin. Thks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What will you be doing with your phone, calling, texting, interent, will you be calling home often, is skype or micrtosoft messenger any use to you on your mobile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cressida26

Hi
    I really only need the phone for calls and texts, and for calling to and from the UK. Nothing fancy, just good value. I may want to use Messenger, as isn't that free internationally?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

You'll get a very basic idea if you play with figures on www.callcosts.ie

Not 100% accurate, but at least you can compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Sounds like Vodafone Ready to Go would suit you best. They have the best coverage overall out of any of the other networks.

They do the usual €20 per month topup like the rest which gets you:
    - free calls and texts to Irish Vodafone customers OR
    - free texts to any Irish network

plus:
    - calls to UK landlines are 15c per minute
    - calls to UK mobiles are 30c per minute
    - texts to the UK are 15c per text

Advertisement