Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

possibility of a LOI thread

• 26-01-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

Is it worth setting up a LOI thread?
    Just wondering does anybody else think this migth be a good idea or will it just be filled with arguments and too much wumming to bother.

The thread could involve all discussion from the premier to the A championship anything Loi related.

Just a thought.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The transfers thread has kinda turned into a chat type thread. I can't see why we couldn't have a proper one.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Why do we need one in all fairness? Suppose a general LoI chat thread would be an idea along with the weekly fixture threads. But should this forum has topics on every individual match in England most of the team, with tonnes of club threads, along with the weekly "Henry is a cheat" or "France paid Blatter to move Henrys hand in the path of the ball conspircy thread".:D

General LoI chat thread along with weekly match thread would work I suppose. We have a transfers and rumours thread and the Cork City thread and well aside from that there ain't much to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Just wondering does anybody else think this migth be a good idea or will it just be filled with arguments and too much wumming to bother.

The thread could involve all discussion from the premier to the A championship anything Loi related.

Just a thought.
    I dont see much of a difference between to doing this and setting up a LOI forum and that has been rejected many a time.
    Defo wouldnt be in favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Is the English Premiership contained to one thread?

Nah.

Why could the league of the country we reside in be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

He supported Fingal for 3 Matches and now wants a LoI thread? Jeez kid give it a rest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Well I guess not. Fair enough. Thought this would be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Searching for one would be a better option:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055511125
    Is the English Premiership contained to one thread?

No, but one exists all the same:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055637852

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

to be fair foot.ie is the main posting forum for league of ireland fans and again as lucky lloyd argued on Liverpool supporters forum by having a seperate forum you are in danger of making things exclusive. Out of sight is out of mind in other words. whole idea is to promote your league and you will promote it better on the main soccer thread IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

to be fair foot.ie is the main posting forum for league of ireland fans and again as lucky lloyd argued on Liverpool supporters forum by having a seperate forum you are in danger of making things exclusive. Out of sight is out of mind in other words. whole idea is to promote your league and you will promote it better on the main soccer thread IMO.

You need to understand that thread and forum are two different things. Read the 1st post again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

LOI thread would be good, once it didn't derail into all those barstool supporter arguments that are so common when LOI is being discussed

You need to understand that thread and forum are two different things. Read the 1st post again.
    Sorry early in the morning. Yeah give them a thread. No skin of my nose either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

to be fair foot.ie is the main posting forum for league of ireland fans
    And is disliked by a lot of people also.

This forum generally attracts people who give their posts a little more thought (but not always:rolleyes:).

And is disliked by a lot of people also.

This forum generally attracts people who give their posts a little more thought (but not always:rolleyes:).
    what im saying is that foot.ie is the main forum for posting on league of ireland matters because i know one league of ireland fan who posts there regularly. AFAIK it has a thread for every club. Dont see any problems having a megathread here on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Can things not just be discussed in new/existing threads as appropriate? If it ain't broke, which it ain't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yeah give them a thread. No skin of my nose either way.

Thanks for fast-tracking this. We owe you an eternal debt of gratitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

AFAIK it has a thread for every club.
    Yes, but the club forums seem to be largely ignored? I'm not arguing or anything, I'm just sayin.
    Dont see any problems having a megathread here on it.

Me either. To be honest, the "during the season" general type thread could just be re-named, yay/nay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the general thread is already there.

Everything gets spoke about in there, unless there is a really big issue, it gets a separate thread.

foot.ie is a shíte forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

...oh and match threads wouldn't work, because, um, everyone is at the matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Lets give it a go!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just as an FYI, we're looking at doing something a bit more for the LOI this season.

If any of you frequent photography you will have seen the fantastic photos that some of the lads there have taken. The plan is to have a bit of a LOI photo thread here with the pics and have discussions around them and the games.

Won't hurt to give it a try anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, we're looking at doing something a bit more for the LOI this season.

If any of you frequent photography you will have seen the fantastic photos that some of the lads there have taken. The plan is to have a bit of a LOI photo thread here with the pics and have discussions around them and the games.

Thats a good idea, all the youngsters playing ball can id Premier League Footballers but not the LOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Des wrote: »
    ...oh and match threads wouldn't work, because, um, everyone is at the matches
    Yeah i agree but a thread with all the weekends games would be good (not sure if this has been done before).
    Otherwise the extratime.ie live matchtracker is good for following the games if you cant attend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

adamski8 wrote: »
    Yeah i agree but a thread with all the weekends games would be good (not sure if this has been done before).

There is usually a fixtures thread. Section F or Lucky Lloyd used to do it last season IIRC and people generally commented in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Xavi6 wrote: »

Sounds like a really good idea. Something that promotes the league in a positive way would be great. Picture of matches, players, fans would be something that could be of benefit to the league, and because its placed in a general football forum for all to see, it would possibly help promote the league to people who dont watch it.
    This thread would hopefully promote some general LOI chat also imo.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

stovelid wrote: »
    There is usually a fixtures thread. Section F or Lucky Lloyd used to do it last season IIRC and people generally commented in that.
    I think section F might be banned? Haven't seen him around in awhile anyway..

I think Gav set up most of them towards the end of the season.

I certainly won't mind setting them up if nobody else gets round to it anyway.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement