Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Failed The NCT

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

kermitpwee wrote: »
    Does your taxi need to be attractive:D
    The Carina e was a huge car for its class. If you think that they are cramped you are mad in the head. They are bigger inside then a merc e class.
    Ill never forget when they come out in 92 i was only young, we came up behind one a traffic lights we thought it was a merc, god wernt they some car that time. I dont think the 10 avensis has that "wow" appeal....

God im trolling now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

feelites wrote: »
    there should be a regulations in the law allowing only cars younger than 10 years as a taxi

There is a 9 year rule coming into force on every licence in 2011, which is when my car is due off the road.

i hate them dirty carinas and primeras on steel wheels and black taxi drivers!

Well im not a black taxi driver, nor is my car mankey its washed every day oh and my cars wheels are 16'' alloys that even get a lick of tyre black atleast once weekly
    and as i dont want to be O/T

VB you are so angry about this that u had to pay 70euro for fixing the car.... oh my GOD... bless your passangers !!

No i'm not i think its quite good that i only had to pay under 100 euro for the repairs and the re-nct that in 3 ncts its only failed once.

Here's my exact quote;
    Feck! Brought the car into the NCT in Ballymun today, the car went straight in. Yer man comes back out and told me it failed eek.gif Kinda had a feeling it was going to fail on somthing as the last two NCTs it passed without any work being needed (for the NCT). It failed on corroded brake lines both on the rear of the car, brought it to my mecanic (i use him for timing belts and bits i wouldnt be up for) told me it will be €70 all in for the lines to be replaced.

So with the €28 rebooking fee i think i got away quite lightly considering that the car has done about 80K miles in two years and this is the only fail item in 3 NCT tests.

Sadly it will be the last NCT as a taxi. frown.gif

So booked in for repairs tomorrow at 2pm fancied a nite off anyway!

As for my passangers the very 1st job of the nite was a couple their young girl and a au pair, the very 1st thing out of the girls mouth was ''lovely smell BONUS!!'' Her exact words her mother says ''if your car had smelled bad you wouldnt of heard the end of it''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

I doubt there is anything you can say to a taxi driver here that would upset him, they get people trying that ****e in their taxis most nights.
    The man takes pride in his car,gets people home safely every night.

The car is so well maintained it only failed the nct on one item, Many many more modern cars are given a dogs life as taxis and just cos they have a newer reg plate does not make them a better car.

I hope the op keeps this old girl when she retires from the taxi ranks,she will still be a head turner for many years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

if i would drive carina as a taxi i would be VERY shame!!

there should be a regulations in the law allowing only cars younger than 10 years as a taxi

when i pay i expect....

i hate them dirty carinas and primeras on steel wheels and black taxi drivers!

strawberry air freshener?
    NO THANK YOU
    i prefer natural leather interior scent

and as i dont want to be O/T

VB you are so angry about this that u had to pay 70euro for fixing the car.... oh my GOD... bless your passangers !!

I've no problem with the idea of you walking around in protest - preferably bring some type of english grammar book with you......

Did you mean Drivers of black Taxis, or Black Taxi Drivers????

- And quit eating our Swans; I would be very shame if my drumsticks were that big..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

OK people, don't feed the trolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Have to say, not trolling or being abusive, but If i was to get a taxi and a 1996 Carina was there, first reaction would be is this a clean, odour fresh safe car? Is the driver some fat BO smelling perve? I am not for 1 second saying the VB or his car is either. Taxi's are selling a service and the first impression of that service is the car.
    VB fair play for getting value for money from the Carina. Have you started planning the next work-horse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Have to say, not trolling or being abusive, but If i was to get a taxi and a 1996 Carina was there, first reaction would be is this a clean, odour fresh safe car? Is the driver some fat BO smelling perve? I am not for 1 second saying the VB or his car is either. Taxi's are selling a service and the first impression of that service is the car.
    VB fair play for getting value for money from the Carina. Have you started planning the next work-horse?

Usually when I get a Taxi the path is swaying like a carnival ride and my double vision is leading me towards the apparition rather than the Motor itself......

- Back on topic; If anyone wants to come on here to judge and value cars based completely and entirely on the sole factor of its age then they're just showing their own ignorance...... There's many Cars that have been sold in this Country within the last 5 years that will always be a hairs breath away from a 3 day, €800 stint down in their Dealers Garage.....

Well i think the same applies to any taxi a car shouldnt dictate what kinda person is driving it, i've kinda started looking about for a replacement well atleast started saving for one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Raiser wrote: »
    Usually when I get a Taxi the path is swaying like a carnival ride and my double vision is leading me towards the apparition rather than the Motor itself......

Being locked is not the only reason for getting a taxi, sure when drunk we would do things we wouldn't normally, like eat from the hotdog stand that has set up for the night, selling mould ridden out of date food. There is many other reasons for getting a taxi when not Drunk, getting home with shopping, getting to meetings, to the airport etc or getting to the pub to get locked... All perfectly sober states.

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »

- Back on topic; If anyone wants to come on here to judge and value cars based completely and entirely on the sole factor of its age then they're just showing their own ignorance...... There's many Cars that have been sold in this Country within the last 5 years that will always be a hairs breath away from a 3 day, €800 stint down in their Dealers Garage.....

Well said, too many posters on here know absolutely zero about cars, car maintenance etc apart from what little they gleam from Top Gear and the weekly article in their newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I Was VB wrote: »
    Well i think the same applies to any taxi a car shouldnt dictate what kinda person is driving it, i've kinda started looking about for a replacement well atleast started saving for one!

If you were to go down the new route I'm sure an S80 1.6D DRIVe would make a wonderful taxi. Small diesel engine with enough torque and geared properly to propel the car sufficiently. It should make a grand first Volvo.;)

VolvoMan wrote: »
    If you were to go down the new route I'm sure an S80 1.6D DRIVe would make a wonderful taxi. Small diesel engine with enough torque and geared properly to propel the car sufficiently. It should make a grand first Volvo.;)

They are a nice motor alright, who knows what will happen between now and next april.

Advertisement