Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag. Science for the Leaving Cert? Reccommend or Not ?

Options
  • 26-01-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Im just wondering if anyone is doing Ag. Science? If so I just have a few questions? Im kinda in the middle of the whole subject choice thing- atm Im thinking Ag. Science, Economics/Business, Chemistry and German along with Maths, Irish and English.

- Do you do Biology/Chemistry? Is there an overlap?
    - Do you find the subject easier in comparison with other subjects?
    - Does it take as much study times as your other subjects- more/less ?
    - Is it easier than other subjects for points?
    - Are you happy you kept it on and would you reccomend it?

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Theres quite a large overlap between ag. sc and biology, ie plant physiology, animal physiology and genetics are on both papers, along with some ecology and some of the experiments.... Chemistry wont really help that much, there are a few bit and pieces but not as substantially overlapping as biology.

It is certainly on the easier side.. but that doesn't mean you can call it a guaranteed A1. You need to work at it and the are one or two tricky sections. eg soils.

Takes less time to study it... but you still need to put the time in.

Yes you will most likely get more points out of it.

Yes I would recommend it.

Personally going on my experience with these subjects I think you should do.... Chem, Bio, Ag and Business. If you can take a extra subject that is. You may find that you need to drop to pass in Irish or something.

Advertisement