Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Duffy makes me sucidal

• 26-01-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Has anyone else a serious pain in there hole with Joe Duffy,between the continuous whinging that goes on the program or one of his stupid campaigns like banning head shops
    The other day there was somebody giving out about a t-shirt in pennys or dunnes or somewhere that had recession session written on it and guess what it was in sizes that might fit teenagers somebody please think of the children.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Don't do it, he's not worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is Joe Duffy forcing you to listen to the show? If not then I don't see what your problem is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I like Joe, its makes people easily identifiable.

As in if people start a convo by saying "I was listening to joe duffy" then i can identify a person i dont want to talk too.

Anyway all these threads had somebody who didn't like joe duffy so maybe try in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Joe Duffy makes me sucidal

Damn all these beardy guys
    They only wanna do your dirt
    They'll have you suicidal, suicidal
    When they say it's over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Searches are only cached for a short period of time...in other words, linky faily.

As long as he's confined to the radio and you're willing to punch a taxi driver in the head if he refuses to change the station: who cares? It's only radio and there are other stations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

If only there was something you can do...after some extensive Googling, I think I've come up with a few solutions:

1. Change the radio station.
    2. Turn off the radio.
    3. Insert a CD/casette and listen to that.
    4. Call up Joe Duffy and whinge about how people are whingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

I was listening the other day and within 10 seconds of tuning in I was hearing about a dead baby...... just turned it off tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mannequinhands

syklops wrote: »
    Is Joe Duffy forcing you to listen to the show? If not then I don't see what your problem is.

No as ive said he makes me suicidal but other people listening to him are forcing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The other day there was somebody giving out about a t-shirt in pennys or dunnes or somewhere that had recession session written on it and guess what it was in sizes that might fight teenagers somebody please think of the children.

Why would a certain sized t-shirt fight teenagers?

As in if people start a convo by saying "I was listening to joe duffy" then i can identify a person i dont want to talk too.

Anyway all these threads had somebody who didn't like joe duffy so maybe try in them

lol i suppose he might have some use then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

murrayp4 wrote: »
    I was listening the other day and within 10 seconds of tuning in I was hearing about a dead baby...... just turned it off tbh.

And on that show the orignal caller probably rang in about a dog barking, but some subsequent caller probably linked it to killing babies!

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Why would a certain sized t-shirt fight teenagers?
    It obvisously an evil t-shirt lol my bad spelling fixed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

don't listen to it as im usually in work when he's on...

but last weekend i caught a repeat of Matt Cooper's yolk on Saturday... jaysus... i almost went beserker on the fúcking radio....

from what i hear... Joe would get the same reaction from me...

all those talkshows are run by góbshítes looking to stir controversy for ratings...

i'd rather hear the 10 shíte songs of the week on repeat again.... and again... and again...

- Drav!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭horse7

you think the moan brigade are bad on the radio,they have even put him on the telly,talk about money for old rope.more lisence money down the drain,but remember someone is tuning in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

I heard the fool on the Ray Darcy show last week and he was so arrogant. He was talking about how successful Live Line was and said that "RTE would probably get rid of him because if it aint broke fix it". We the licence payer decide if it needs fixing not you Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

If it wasn't for Joe we'd never have..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

But Joe Duffy is just a small minnow if he really wanted to fight the powers and save the children he woudlnt be stuck behind a desk in an RTE studio getting paid by the very ppl that complain about hating him ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I like a bit of Joe tbh - but you need to be aware of his core constituancy of listeners.

The whole Head Shop crisis mongering is a bit hard to take though. Clearly 14 year olds shouldn't be allowed free rein to overindulge on BZP or whatever, but that's no different to ensuring that offies don't take the piss with selling booze to kids. My particular gripe (aside from the casual references to people dying) is Joe's repeated reference to the tidy profits to be made in the head shop game. Who opens any flavour of shop without an intent to turn a profit?

Joe clearly has a personal bee in his bonnet on this 'issue', and will keep plugging away until the listeners run out of patience, or there's some new legislation to clamp down on the shops/substances.

horse7 wrote: »
    you think the moan brigade are bad on the radio,they have even put him on the telly,talk about money for old rope.more lisence money down the drain,but remember someone is tuning in.

you have to be ****ting me is he on the tv now aswell good thing im moving to australia as far away from the pr**k as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

don't listen to it as im usually in work when he's on...

but last weekend i caught a repeat of Matt Cooper's yolk on Saturday... jaysus... i almost went beserker on the fúcking radio....

from what i hear... Joe would get the same reaction from me...

all those talkshows are run by góbshítes looking to stir controversy for ratings...

i'd rather hear the 10 shíte songs of the week on repeat again.... and again... and again...

- Drav!

If you think Matt Cooper is bad then never ever listen to Joe Duffy. Cooper is current affairs with intelligent discussion (mostly). Joe Duffy has any old feckin' eejit from the public on giving out about anything and everything.

• Advertisement

Boards has something similar. Anytime someone makes a sweeping generalization, I add them to a list.

Not a good list.

No as ive said he makes me suicidal but other people listening to him are forcing me

Other people are forcing you to listen to him? Are these people in your head?

Other people are forcing you to listen to him? Are these people in your head?
    no they would be taxi drivers people in work places etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

no they would be taxi drivers people in work places etc

Tell the taxi driver to knock it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Buy yourself one of those MP3 transmitter gizmos. Find out what frequency he is on and block him out with Black Death metal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Whats I find funny about Joe is he actually says to his listeners "Talk to Joe"

check this clip out very funny piss take

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n69Y35UEk3k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Whats I find funny about Joe is he actually says to his listeners "Talk to Joe"

and by god they do....

today i was listening to a charming story about some lad who was defecating on the middle of the living room floor because apparently he had gone to a head shop. apparently we are getting more head shops openeing than any other country and this is a "bad thing"

there was also some story about someone who had a company paying off her debts and, would you adam and eve it, they charged her!! :eek:

that said, i'd forgive him for his cysic fibrosis coverage and his health service coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So you're moaning about people moaning on Joe Duffy?

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    So you're moaning about people moaning on Joe Duffy?

Yes a bit of paradox i know but i needed to get this off my chest and it looks like im not the only one maybe we should "talk to Joe"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If only all cases of suicidal feeling could be cured by working a radio dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Joe Duffy is a gem in the crown of fine Irish radio presenters.A man of the people he represents the ordinary person on the street.Joe tackles the pressing issues of the day by giving the Irish public there say on mostly controversal,delicate and disturbing topics.

.....Actually now that I think of it he's really just a highly irritating,moaning groaning overpaid PRICK!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I used to work in a mobile phone shop on grafton street and the phone rang one day it was his producer

One of the simpleton customers had dropped there phone in water or the dog ate it or something and it wasn't covered under warranty and rang into this half wit.

I agreed to go without consent of the company of course. Got on and was talking away he called out the facts, at the time there was trouble with the new commerical bin tag system and there was loads of rubbish left on the streets because the council would only take the new shiny stickers or something

So I said before you do Joe can I bring the issue of the rubbish to your attention Que joe going off on a rant about it he had noticed it the night before.

they eventually hung up on simpleton customer and had some buck on from dublin city council and mobile phone issue was completely blanked BRILLIANT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

joe duffy and gerry ryan are from the same vagina.

im sure of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

For me my mom forces me to listen to it. I can't fcuking stand that fcuking show, drives me round the fcuking bend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Liveline rules, it's unintentional comedy gold most of the time, and for those times that it isn't, there's the "Off" button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭TheGod

I disagree.

I think the discussion on the headshops have been brilliant. I find it hilarious when some old bint comes on to talk about how her son was running around the house with a vacuum cleaner looking for shadow people

when i turned on the radio a few mins ago Matt Cooper was going on about Head Shops.

Joe Duffy = Agenda Setter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

no but the law forces me to pay a tv licence, which goes to RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

For me my mom forces me to listen to it. I can't fcuking stand that fcuking show, drives me round the fcuking bend.

Maybe you should:
    get an ipod/etc
    your own radio with headphones
    move out

or as a last resort, ...................... Talk to Joe and complain !

;);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

TheGod wrote: »
    I disagree.

I think the discussion on the headshops have been brilliant. I find it hilarious when some old bint comes on to talk about how her son was running around the house with a vacuum cleaner looking for shadow people

lol yeah some lad was on today talking about his nephew (I think) who **** all over the sitting room after visiting a headshop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Absurdum wrote: »
    lol yeah some lad was on today talking about his nephew (I think) who **** all over the sitting room after visiting a headshop

and some lads who were eating glass

whats the betting someone will ring creating more and more outlandish stories for him to broadcast?

"Joe, my brother grew another nostril after using this stuff"

"another nostril, my god, my god... oh dear"

"yeah, round the back of his head"

"thats terrible"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

Just got to page two of this thread and my mum walks in the door and ask "Barry, are there any head shops in maynooth?"
    Thanks joe.. because of your show my mother now suspects i'm on drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Barrys Mum: "Barry, are there any head shops in maynooth?"
    Barry: "Dunno -do you want me to get you the yellow pages"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Thread already exists here for this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement