Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another club goes into administration (Palace)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

All these clubs in finacial trouble, the English game is a joke

/runs

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Good. This is probably what the News Of The World meant instead of them reporting that Norwich were going into administration.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Rafa had better be in for Victor Moses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Melion wrote: »
    Rafa had better be in for Victor Moses

I havent seen this lad play

but nearly everyday he seems to be linked with new clubs

what is he like ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

He will be an England regular within 2 years if he joins the right club now. Has single handedly carried Palace to within a point of the play-off places(11 now because they are going to be deducted 10 points).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

This will just pressure Palace to sell moses now and might push his price down if they need a quick sale. I'd like to see him go to fulham or the likes somewhere he can get a lot of football

I hope they come out the other side and dont go down

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal have been linked to Moses a lot recently too. Wonder if Arsene will be tempted with Wilshere heading off on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

No wonder Warnock was being rumored to join Wednesday a while ago. Sinking ship etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Every club in England has been linked with Moses.
    He's going to be a seriously talented player in the future.

Real Madrid have already confirmed they're looking to sign him AFAIK so that'll mean paying a high price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They'll have to sell Victor Moses now and for a cheap price. Its a real shame

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I always loved the name of the club.

I wonder could a few people could together and buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Melion wrote: »
    He will be an England regular within 2 years if he joins the right club now. Has single handedly carried Palace to within a point of the play-off places
    think you're confusing him with Darren Ambrose ;) Moses is an excellent player but has not been as influential as Ambrose.

I never liked Palace though, now that Warnock manages them i like them even less. I'll not be shedding any tears for them.

Victor Moses has been forbidden to play by the administrator from playing tonight to protect the player.

For reasons like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

An old friend of mine plays with Palace. For years he's been there or thereabouts regarding reaching the play-offs. Thought he might have been in a chance this season (again) but the deduction has put paid to that.

Doubt he'll ever get to play in the Premier League now.

OT, what happens in the even that nobody wants to take over Palace? Is the club disbanded then?

kraggy wrote: »
    An old friend of mine plays with Palace. For years he's been there or thereabouts regarding reaching the play-offs. Thought he might have been in a chance this season (again) but the deduction has put paid to that.

Doubt he'll ever get to play in the Premier League now.

OT, what happens in the even that nobody wants to take over Palace? Is the club disbanded then?
    What's his name?

If worse comes to worse it could be liquidated and all assets sold the club could cease to exist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Just saw the news reel of Victor Moses on SSN. And add to that the bicycle kick posted here, he's a ridiculously exciting player!

Never heard of him till just there. Love to see him play like that in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Moses would fetch a lot of money. Extremely quick and he's very very exciting to watch. Has scored some fantastic goals in the Championship and he is a fantastic asset at any club.

Himself and Torres could work very well together at Liverpool but it wouldn't surprise me to see him at the Emirates.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Moses would fetch a lot of money. Extremely quick and he's very very exciting to watch. Has scored some fantastic goals in the Championship and he is a fantastic asset at any club.

Himself and Torres could work very well together at Liverpool but it wouldn't surprise me to see him at the Emirates.
    Like I posted in Spurs forum I'd love to see us buy him and loan him back to palace for the rest of the season. It should suit everbody Palace wouldn't need to replace him and he'd get valuable first team football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=4786

Doesn't look good for Palace at all. A big day in proceedings tomorrow according to the above.

Here's hoping something can be sorted to keep the club alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Did Wigan go into administration as well:confused:

Victor Moses has been with them since January or am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Heh, was reading about Moses today and apparently Barcelona were going to sign him when he was about 17 but he couldn't prove his age and they doubted that he was actually 17.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

eagle eye wrote: »
    Did Wigan go into administration as well:confused:

Victor Moses has been with them since January or am I wrong?

This thread began in January just before he moved. He's hardly set the world aflame since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Yea they have to have it sorted out by 15:00

Are they the highest placed club to go bust in recent years ?, the last club I remember going bust was Division 4 team Maidstone in 1992.

What will happen regarding relegation/promotion if they go bust

Will The Championship play with one less team ?
    Will Sheff Wed be given a reprieve, and thus leave League 1 with one less team, as you cannot deny Millwall their promotion to the Championship ?

It would be sad to see them go, the 1990 FA Cup Final between them and Utd was a classic, they also finished 3rd in 1990/1991

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Sad state of affairs alright, 105 years of history.

3pm is the deadline to have the stadium issue worked out, but there's a chance we won't get any news until at least tomorrow.

Hopefully something gets worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Are they the highest placed club to go bust in recent years ?,
    pompey will surely be joining that list soon (if not on it already :P )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Advertisement