Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many subjects do you study each night?

Options
  • 26-01-2010 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

So, how many different subjects do you study each night? and how long roughly do you spend on each subject?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Between 2-4 subjects...mainly 3 a night, and i study 1 chapter or part of that subject....usually for 40-60 mins or so each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Depends on how much homework i get and what mood i'm in! Usually i'd do about a half an hour/forty minutes on four subjects taking a five minute break between each. Then after a long break i'd do another two subjects for about twenty minutes. It also depends on the subject really. If i learn a chapter in twenty minutes i'd move on to another subject but if i feel after forty minutes i don't remember much i'd come back to it after.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

0 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Crow92 wrote: »
    Between 2-4 subjects...mainly 3 a night, and i study 1 chapter or part of that subject....usually for 40-60 mins or so each

I'm similar to this I do five higher level subjects; Geography, Business, German, Technology and English and do about to 45 to 60 mins on each. I don't give much time to my ordinary or foundation subjects.

I used to do 6 subjects for about 25 minutes each but I stopped this after Christmas because I was too time conscience and kept looking at my watch or phone a few times during those 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

I try to do 2 subjects per night, an hour at each. I've made out a "Study timetable" which i usually find impossible to stick to but recently i've been doing my best to follow it and it seems to be working. It also depends on how much homework i'm getting, i'm hoping that the teachers will start to cut back on the amount of homework being given leading up to the Pres so that I can revise more subjects but there doesn't seem to be any cuts yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Depends what you call 'study'. Like today for example. I had extra French classes after school for an hour. 5 o clock I did biology homework for an hour. When I came home, I made some finishing changes to my history project. After that, I did an essay plan for English. After that, I looked over a bit of Irish vocab for my mock aural tomorrow. By this stage, it's after 9 o clock and I'm knackered. Study? Can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Nothing makes me more guilty than reading these posts on boards.ie.

I do 2 subjects max, and do two 30 mins session on each subject.... Since I have the Mocks next week, I only do one subject a day and try to tackle a question each weekday e.g Q6. - Fuels and Thermochemistry on Chemistry last night by doing 2002-2009. This method obviously doesn't work since it would take me at least 8 days in total to finish chemistry and I have 6 days left and 6 other subjects...

Advertisement