Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Coughlan's is Irelands' saviour

Options
  • 26-01-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Relating to today’s meeting of the Dail; Mary Coughlan gave the impression that further public pay cuts might happen – however if the public service play ball and agree to reform, these cuts are less likely.

It’s Irelands’ culture to go along with the crowd – in the case of the public service they have massive interest groups putting huge pressure on our Government. Mary Coughlan, doesn’t care – she is a true representative of the majority and she may very well be Irelands’ Saviour from the over unionised public service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

A fine politician indeed. Hopefully she'll also hunt down other minorities at the behest of the mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

This is a wind up isn't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I agree with the OP, finally a politician who was eected because of her skills and competence.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Im getting nervous :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

She's a good singer, but that's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

dvpower wrote: »
    She's a good singer, but that's about it.

much like her boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Can she answer a question without saying "in the context" in it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jumpin_macflash

Relating to today’s meeting of the Dail; Mary Coughlan gave the impression that further public pay cuts might happen – however if the public service play ball and agree to reform, these cuts are less likely.

It’s Irelands’ culture to go along with the crowd – in the case of the public service they have massive interest groups putting huge pressure on our Government. Mary Coughlan, doesn’t care – she is a true representative of the majority and she may very well be Irelands’ Saviour from the over unionised public service.

over unionised public service. what you mean the constitutionally protected, individually executed right to join a union. damn i hate when we give those pesky civilians such choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

"Mary Coughlan’s is Irelands’ saviour" :eek:

This has to be the funniest thread Title i've seen yet!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Was this thread meant to be over here ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

But MC is just another two empty sockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

A very unintelligent woman. Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hi guys,

I think for the politics forum, we really would prefer if you shifted the focus on discussing her merits or disputing them versus the current petty comments.

Please.

Thanks

GY

mod post

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭CityCentreMan

It's really hard to tell who's taking the pi$$ here, but I reckon that it has to be the OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

MJ23 wrote: »
    Can she answer a question without saying "in the context" in it ?

In finality it depends on the context ;)
    GuanYin wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I think for the politics forum, we really would prefer if you shifted the focus on discussing her merits or disputing them versus the current petty comments.

Please.

Thanks

GY

mod post

Ok lets discuss her merits ...
    hmmmm, ehhhh, welll, can't really think of any.
    Can I phone a friend ?
    Now where is ninty99er's number ?

Now that we have that out of the way we can set aside the rest of the day to discuss her demerits. :rolleyes:

The woman has shown herself to be a joke, totally out of her depth, overpaid wasting ever more valuable taxpayers money and you want us not to pull the p*** out of her ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Hi guys,

I think for the politics forum, we really would prefer if you shifted the focus on discussing her merits....

That would imply that she has some merits to discuss? I certainly can't think of any.

Now I know it's become the thing to do to slag off MC, but in all fairness she doesn't do much to counter it.

She embodies alot of what's wrong with Irish politics. A rather unintelligent, talentless woman (at least in the context of politics) who got elected because of who her dad was and nothing else, and who has now been promoted way beyond her abilities by being part of Brian Cowen's inner circle. The sad thing is that this doesn not make her in any way unusual within Leinster House.

jmayo wrote: »

The woman has shown herself to be a joke, totally out of her depth, overpaid wasting ever more valuable taxpayers money

Perhaps you can furnish us with some specific examples?
    you want us not to pull the p*** out of her ?
    It is more that
    I want you to follow the guidelines for discussion in the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Perhaps you can furnish us with some specific examples?

There are a number of previous threads; we hardly need to do that again, I don't see any point of going on about it every time she is mentioned

in case you haven't noticed she has become the new Mary Harney for many on these threads

In relation to the OP's point, if he is serious, I dont see her position as any great, facing people down, saving ther country or anything else

all she is saying is that they dont know what will be needed in the next budget and is not gonna rule anything out.

If she was really what you make her out to be, surely her position would be "yes we will be making further cuts in public service pay"??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Has she proposed legislation to outlaw public sector unions? No.

She's a mouth-piece for the party and a very poor one at that.

Riskymove wrote: »
    There are a number of previous threads;

Great, no need for this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement