Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Toilets UCD

Options
  • 26-01-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm thinking about using the toilets in UCD next week.

How best does one go about doing so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Seriously guys, please respond....when next Monday comes I won't know what to do!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

Use the ones on the upper floors in the Arts building. Great for sh1tting

I thought they were for lecturers only...no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

So you've never used any toilets in UCD before?

What kind of advice are you looking for; best sitting positions? To squeeze, or let gravity do its job? Wiping techniques? Reading material while on the job?

Yeh all of the above if you can...

I just can't seem to get my head around it.

I'm all good for the wiping techniques though, I have that down to a T!

• Advertisement

Sounds like its more potty training you need than anything else.

Parenting forum would be able to help.

:p

Nah...just making the point that alot of people seem to get away with posting irrelevant comments (e.g. 'how do I get on a bus at the bus stop...does the 17 stop there?")

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

the threory is :The rating of a toilet is directly in preportion to the floor that it's on,this counts doubly for the arts block.

so,yeah if you still have the ability,climb the stairs to the toilets,if you need to go so bad you can't climb stairs.You can't have standards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Agogo wrote: »
    I'm beginning to see the problem. You need to get the toilet around your head, not vice versa. Before you can do that, however, you need to ingest a quantity of beer sufficient to dull your senses to the smell.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Nah...just making the point that alot of people seem to get away with posting irrelevant comments (e.g. 'how do I get on a bus at the bus stop...does the 17 stop there?")

You could have made that point in a thread......not start a new one.

And the 17 thing could be confusing to someone not familiar with it, especially considering it's an awful awful service that never abides by the timetable.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 johnlo

Remember to wash your hands :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭TheLargerBowl

Knock on the side of the urinal 3 times and Pat Patterson will appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

ahh your doin it wrong thats why, you put your arse on the toilet seat not your head. amateur :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

Just make sure all fecal matter ends up in the toilet. I always get worried when it ends up somewhere else. I think the most disturbing place I saw it end up was the roof. I have to question how and why is it up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Choke

Higher the better - seriously.

If memory serves there is one around the corner from the stairs, on the second floor of J-block. That is probably the nicest (even if the urinals make you feel like they want to bite you).

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

The higher ones are good, but you miss out on the high-class graffiti which seems to only appear downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

The lake outside the library is good. Just squat with your arse facing the water around 1pm when nooneeveryone is around.

Make sure to lower your underwear otherwise you may find sitting down a discomfort ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Fad wrote: »
    You could have made that point in a thread......not start a new one.

And the 17 thing could be confusing to someone not familiar with it, especially considering it's an awful awful service that never abides by the timetable.....

True why have 2 buses called the 17 going to 2 different places!

On topic...it depends what you are looking for in a toilet. If cleanliness counts, the higher the better. But if you need to read gems like "Why have shampoo when you can have real poo?" then lower the better. Or the one near P if you're looking for "other" activities...allegedly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ask Pat Paterson

Cheers for all your advice guys...I cant WAIT for next monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

you mean the best toilet in UCD??!!

probably all the handicaped toilets that i always use :P

who say i am not handicapped??

'i have got a broken heart!' - i used this line so many times :pac:

seriously,only use them quickly or in emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

go down to the toilets at P and Q in the arts block around 5pm and leave your trousers around your ankles while you wander around. Let me know how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The thing about handicapped toilets, which few people seem to get, is: they are provided for the handicapped, but they are not reserved for the handicapped. You're not breaking any rules if you use them: just be quick, and try to leave them as you find them ... :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    The thing about handicapped toilets, which few people seem to get, is: they are provided for the handicapped, but they are not reserved for the handicapped. You're not breaking any rules if you use them: just be quick, and try to leave them as you find them ... :cool:

Yeah, I've never seen a problem in using them. If there was a queue of disabled people outside after I was finished I'd feel bad, but there's no rule against using them.

You don't have to put up with the noise of some sweaty man grunting, squeezing out a morning-after Guinness poo. And they are always cleaner.

Disabled toilets ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

'Does the 17 stop there?' is the most relevant and insoluble question you can pose concerning UCD.

Followed closely by: 'How do you get into the tunnels?', 'What exactly will be built in this Gateway malarkey?' 'What's so good about Tripod?' 'Can anybody truly win the Ag-soc milk race?' and 'Is Pat Paterson the biggest UCD ledge ever?'

God damn- someone beat me to mentioning Paterson!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

True why have 2 buses called the 17 going to 2 different places!

On topic...it depends what you are looking for in a toilet. If cleanliness counts, the higher the better. But if you need to read gems like "Why have shampoo when you can have real poo?" then lower the better. Or the one near P if you're looking for "other" activities...allegedly.

Almost all busses go two ways... Just UCD's bus stop roundabout system makes the busses going towards rialto do a loop the loop which makes it seem they are going the same direction as the ones going to blackrock when its not the case.

When the gates are closed its even more confusing, because they both come from the same direction.

Advertisement