Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlton Real Estate in Cork

Options
  • 26-01-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Just curious about people's experiences of dealing with this property and rental management company? Would people recommend them??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

The only experience I have of Carlton Real estate, is that I am a personal friend of the MD Pat Falvey.
    He is a very honest and trustworthy bloke. He has a number of years of expierence in the Industry, and he previously worked at Sherry Fitzgerald.
    I do know that they are recieving alot of business due to their low charges and low overheads.

http://www.carltonrealestate.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Patfalvey

I would be more than happy to answer any queries you may have regarding our services. I would be happy to meet and assist you with any property advice you may require. Hopefully we will do business in the future.

Regards,

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

lol:)
    what a thread!!

busted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

bladebrew wrote: »
    what a thread!!

:D ha ha, so busted is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Patfalvey wrote: »
    I would be more than happy to answer any queries you may have regarding our services. I would be happy to meet and assist you with any property advice you may require. Hopefully we will do business in the future.

Regards,

Pat

Is this Pat Falvey from Killarney? (As in son of the explorer)

• Advertisement

bladebrew wrote: »
    what a thread!!

What are u talking about??

Legal Eagle 1 asked a question about a friend of mine's business, and I told him what I knew about it. I was upfront about my personal relationship with him, I could've tried to bull**** ye saying Carlton is the best thing since sliced bread, but I didn't. I told him what i knew. Forgive me for thinking thats what one does when asked a question.
    I then told Pat that a thread about his business had started on Boards.

What do u expect him to do? Ignore it!

You can see that Legal eagle has been a member since Jan 09 with over 400 posts, and I've been a member since Aug 08.
    Busted?? Get a life!!

oeb wrote: »
    Is this Pat Falvey from Killarney? (As in son of the explorer)

That explorer dude wrecks my head, had the misfortune of working in a company that got him in for a motivational thing one day, omg, no doubt he is good up a mountain but turn the volume down a bit Pat.

Jimmy1bob wrote: »

Legal Eagle 1 asked a question about a friend of mine's business, and I told him what I knew about it. I was upfront about my personal relationship with him, I could've tried to bull**** ye saying Carlton is the best thing since sliced bread, but I didn't. I told him what i knew. Forgive me for thinking thats what one does when asked a question.

You can see that Legal eagle has been a member since Jan 09 with over 400 posts, and I've been a member since Aug 08.
    Busted?? Get a life!!

the problem is that no nobody is going to post anything about carlton real estate because the first two posts were from people who are clearly biased,and they may get a reply telling them to "get a life" if they say carlton is bad in any way,

,i have seen threads on here about the company i work for and have said nothing,and that is what pat should have done,then he would have seen what people really think,

and i have no idea how post counts or join dates are relevant here,i have over 400 posts aswell:)

cheer up its friday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Busted?? Get a life!!

The issue Jimmybob is that the OP asked for punters advice on the company - they did not ask the management for their opinions on the their own company, if the OP wanted to know what the owner thought he would have picked up the phone and asked them.

I never intended to stop any negative or positive feedback! If anyone has anything positive or negative to say about Carlton Real Estate I would be delighted to hear it all! I would never set out to stop anyone from expressing their opinion! I think some members should not take it so serious!:eek:

• Advertisement

murphym7 wrote: »
    The issue Jimmybob is that the OP asked for punters advice on the company - they did not ask the management for their opinions on the their own company, if the OP wanted to know what the owner thought he would have picked up the phone and asked them.

I am not financially associated with this business, but I do know details that might be of use to the OP, that is why i responded to his question. And i made sure to disclose my personal ties to the business owner.
    I have, since this thread started regained the services of Carlton real estate, so I am qualified as any punter to make an assessment.

Your are mistaken to think that i work for or on behalf of this company.

I understand like most, that boards is used by alot of businesses in a dishonest way, so I understand members scepticism. But in this case the two previous respondents were too quick to make that judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

How much do ye charge? I have a place in midleton im lookin to rent out but was thinking bout doing it myself. Might be tempted to change my mind if the price was right.

How much do ye charge? I have a place in midleton im lookin to rent out but was thinking bout doing it myself. Might be tempted to change my mind if the price was right.

Fees for letting with Carlton Real Estate are as follows:
    let only €450+vat (flat fee)
    management 8%+vat

Thanks,

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The maximum allowed so. (8% is the most an agent is allowed charge)

Fees for letting with Carlton Real Estate are as follows:
    let only €450+vat (flat fee)
    management 8%+vat

Thanks,

Pat

I do know that they are recieving alot of business due to their low charges and low overheads.

Nothing low about the charges so is there :)

The maximum allowed so. (8% is the most an agent is allowed charge)

8% is the lowest quoated rate for rental management in Cork find a cheaper rate and I would be happy to match it and add an additional 10% discount! Most agencies charge 10-12% and there is no maximum charge allowed for property management!

Hmm seems this has changed, so you are saying you can charge as much as you want for "management", mental, what does the sector regulator say about that?

Not a lot I see... Disappointing tbh

There's no such thing as bad advertising but this thread defo doesn't do much for their image. Seem like a right shower.

RoverJames wrote: »
    There's no such thing as bad advertising but this thread defo doesn't do much for their image. Seem like a right shower.

WTF??

Seriously fella take your head out of your ass will ya?
    Have you read any of the comments at all?
    And IF YOU HAVE which one helped you come to your LEARNED conclusion????

• Advertisement

i think we should start this thread again:D

WTF??

Have you read any of the comments at all?
    And IF YOU HAVE which one helped you come to your LEARNED conclusion????

Oh, Pat's personal friend is back (did you get him something for V Day ;)), the chap who commented on the low charges, which turn out to be the market norm :rolleyes: My head isn't up my arse ole chum, you can cut the caplocks too, no need to shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Dont stop now.
    Confucius said there is nothing so pleasing as to watch a neigbour fall off his roof.
    Ive never really understood that until now.
    Im just wondering how they can get out of this.
    So entertaining isnt it.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Oh, Pat's personal friend is back (did you get him something for V Day ;)), the chap who commented on the low charges, which turn out to be the market norm :rolleyes: My head isn't up my arse ole chum, you can cut the caplocks too, no need to shout.

Still haven't heard your reason yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

This is getting a bit stupid folks, Pat came to the forum and was very open about who he was and what he charges. I don't see how anything here affected his 'image'.

Still haven't heard your reason yet....

WTF??

If you spoke to me like that in person I wouldn't grace your request with a response, however humouring a keyboard warrier is not too difficult, please refrain from directing similar posts at me in future though.........

Back on topic, you mentioned how this Carlton crowd have such low charges, Pat tells us what his charges are, they are not low by any means, for managment he charges almost a months rent plus VAT. Folks mention how his charges are not low, he then posts no more, hardly makes him look good does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Keyboard Warrior!! Roverjames ftw!!! :D Fight fight fight!

A months rent for management charges is the maximum allowed, my ex's father was a real estate agent that's how I know.

MC

A months rent for management charges is the maximum allowed, my ex's father was a real estate agent that's how I know.

MC

Things must have changed since he was in the business!! Alot of agents charge 1 months rent for let only!! not to mind management!! I suggest people who wish to comment on prices charged should do their market research first!!

I can confirm that Carlton have the lowest quoated management rate from all the main management agents in the Cork City area.

• Advertisement

I can confirm that Carlton have the lowest quoated management rate from all the main management agents in the Cork City area.

What about the other agents, the non "main" ones ? Also who do you consider as the "main" ones Pat ? You're not really confirming much to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement