Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlton Real Estate in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Jesus give it a rest lads. I couldn't care one bit about Carlton real estate but there's no need to treat them with complete contempt either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Patfalvey wrote: »
    Things must have changed since he was in the business!! Alot of agents charge 1 months rent for let only!! not to mind management!! I suggest people who wish to comment on prices charged should do their market research first!!

I can confirm that Carlton have the lowest quoated management rate from all the main management agents in the Cork City area.

Bring back Conversation Piece :D

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

My experiences haven't been great with Carlton Real Estate - I found the agents they use to view apartments are incredibly pushy. I moved to Cork recently and when viewing an apartment, the guy refused to show it to me during the day (probably because it was a building site and the building was only partially occupied). He then pushed me into paying a deposit in cash on the spot saying that he wouldn't take a deposit the next day! I only had 500 euro cash on me and forced my 70 year old dad to go up the road to get the remainder of the deposit because he wouldn't wait until the following day. He knew I was only in Cork for the day to view apartments and deliberately delayed me until the evening to show me this one.

He told barefaced lies about how long the apartment had been vacant for (said it had just come on the market and that the previous tenants had just moved out - despite there being 6 months worth of post in the post-box, dust everywhere and air/brown water in the plumbing). Told me a load of lies about the security on the block too.

Really very slippery behaviour - I'd give me right arm to name this guy on here because I'm sure the whole of Carlton RE aren't like this. To be fair though, I'm warning ever single person I know, never to deal with them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

My experience with Carlton....rented a home from them last year (dealt with landlord after that). Very much 'sales people' but to be fair that is their job. Everything up to signing the lease was very standard.

Landlord went into receivership not long afterwards, so my only issue is that surely Carlton knew this could be happening. We ended up not getting a deposit back, big mess.

Contacted Carlton alright while I was searching for a new place. They were very interested in helping to find us a new place until I mentioned I had pets - radio silence. :rolleyes:

As I said, sales people - but in a way, who can blame them?

One crowd I would never EVER deal with again are Choices. Most unprofessional company I ever dealt with. So in comparison to that, Carlton are not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Wow - toys back in prams kids!!! If you ask a question on Boards, no matter what subject matter, than you're going to get all sorts of answers back -and those replies could be from employers/employees of whatever business concerned. Instead of the bitchfest - you could always use PM to ask and answer directly. Just a wild thought! (But no doubt I'll be slated for that suggestion).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Jeez lads, at least he's had the guts to come onto an open forum where potentially all sorts of complaints could be levelled in public at the company......we had one guy on the Angling forum that refused to discuss an issue & threatened us with a liable action if we said anything negative against him

Cut the guy some slack !

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Andip wrote: »
    Jeez lads, at least he's had the guts to come onto an open forum where potentially all sorts of complaints could be levelled in public at the company......we had one guy on the Angling forum that refused to discuss an issue & threatened us with a liable action if we said anything negative against him

Cut the guy some slack !

Well said that man! There are a few too many people in here that seem to have an opinion on everything and feel obliged to post in almost every thread. Keyboard diarrhea seems to be a problem for certain "know it all" participants of this discussion.

Like Andip says - give it a rest with the trolling....

wispyman wrote: »
    There are a few too many people in here that seem to have an opinion on everything and feel obliged to post in almost every thread.

Are you going to inform us who you are referring to?

For all you know Wispyman those who are "know all" types may in fact be landlords who know that 8% + VAT is a looney sum to be paying for the service offered by Carlton Estates.

I'm still waiting (a year on) for a response on who he reckons the "main" agents are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Folks, this thread was started over a year ago. Just as well too, because if I'd been moderating this place then, there'd be a rake of bans handed out.

I'm locking this thread because it was a trainwreck from the word go. If people would like to start a new thread discussing their experiences with Carlton Real Estate, then feel free

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement