Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people at work

Options
  • 26-01-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

hi there,

I feel really upset by the following, I am a 22 year old male and I work with 2 other guys (one of who is a supervisor) and are in their 40's. I secured a temporary contract there a while back and I am always getting on the job training along with the other guy who started the same time as me. We have one personal trainer who trains us and each time she trains us, she never looks me in the eye while talking, it is always the other guy that she makes eye contact with. I get on well with this trainer but I cant understand why she doesnt want to look me in the eye. I have noticed this also with other people who always draw their attention towards the older guy and from what I can gather, I feel that they dont treat me seriously or something. Is it me or is it my age? I am a bit shy and lack a bit of self confidence (which i'm working on) but I will never refuse to converse with people and always try my best to get on with everyone. What is the best way to deal with this situation? Anyone have any experiences like that?

cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 shamonemofo

I know exactly where you are coming from mate... this actually happens a lot more than you think.
    I would maybe recommend to maybe ask a few more questions whilst in training. That will intentionally grab your trainers attention. Even if you don't feel the need to ask a question, ask something anyway just to let her know that you involved and actively want to be involved.
    Worked for me in the past, hope it works for you.

;)

Advertisement