Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G36E or G36K, But wat make?

Options
  • 26-01-2010 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Im planning on getting a g36e or K so i dont wat anyone posting on this saying "get the SCAR its better" and s**t like that

I have a jg g36c and its working fine but im looking to start fresh,
    (i know you can buy a converting kit so dont rec one)

Im looking for something wit better internals than JG
    but i dont want to be paying an arm and a leg

so recomend rec Classic army or somthing or tell me not to get it and give a reason,

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Better internals than a JG? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I do recall people saying that they were far more reliable than some high end AEGs and even CA AEGs (Oooh Firekitten is gonna get me for that). After JG, your options are CA, TM, Star and Ares, I'm sure there's others, but they are expensive options, I've seen JG AEGs outlast some high end ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Ares versions are cheap enough and Ares are now producing their ''Mark 2'' G36 range that have better internals than the old ones did and its much easier to find parts and upgrade them internally now.

BTW there is nothing wrong with the JG internals, they are more sound internally than a CA. Having one of each, I have seen it first hand.

The only thing about the JG is that the external finish is not as nice or as good looking as an Ares or CA but its still well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

As others have said the JG has mighty fine internals but the externals are wanting.

Personally I'd recommend the Ares over the CA. Both will have decent internals (the Ares wins in my opinion by having a quick change spring in the gearbox, you still have to pull the box out of the pistol grip but it makes any mech work easier) but the quality of the externals is very different.

They're both made of the same stuff and have a similar feel so there's not much to separate them on that front though I would caution for mix'n'matchers that the dimensions are not identical in some places.

The trades on the Ares are much better, I don't know if they have a deal with Umarex or something but you get proper trades and a warning about referring to the instruction manual. The CA does not have the H&K logo substituting a similarly styled CA logo instead and has a warning about it being an AEG stamped into the receiver between the trades and the manual warning.

Depending on the version you pick up it might have a variety of different carry handles, the two most common would be the c style rail and the K style handle with 3.5x telescopic sight. There's not much to be said about the c rail, it's hard t get wrong. As to the carry handle the Ares wins out here too since straight off the bat it has a short 20mm rail above the telescopic. This does prevent you using the very crude and basic fixed sights but you weren't going to anyway, trust me. As for the telescopic sight itself, they're both reasonably faithful in terms of the reticule and other stuff you see when you look through. In terms of the one I'd rather be staring down all day it's definitely the Ares as it's easier and nicer to sight. On the other hand my Ares didn't have the best quality control and has one or two artifacts (little black specs which I suspect are dust). I have yet to see how well either hold their zero or perform long term.

The real steel is held together using 3 pins (there's an official H&K takedown vid on youtube) which can be inserted into the stock when removed from the body. The Ares wins this one too because it uses pins, the pins are very nice, hold well and are pretty much the same as the RS ones (probably a little longer because it's an AEG but I digress). Both stocks accept the Ares pins into the little holes on the underside (yes, that's what they're for). The CA is held together with one pin which isn't as nice as the Ares ones (and is in fact a plain cylinder with a rubber hoop partially embedded near one end and a flange on the other) one bolt masquerading as a pin and two screws, to even remove the magwell you need an allen key (removing the magwell is my recommended method of unloading midcaps). The Ares is well held to together with these pins and they will not come out during play unless you do something very strange with your AEG.

The stock should be a one piece folding affair made of the same material as the receiver and a generous rubber end plate, this is true for both Ares and CA. I'd say the Ares one is more solid but you pay for this in it being less flickable than the CA, a little silicone oil in the hinge helps but the catch on the side of the receiver just isn't as loose. Both my Ares and my Star are like that but I have only one example of a CA to go on.

I guess this is a fairly minor one but ... the slide on top and the ejection port cover are both part of the bolt carrier on the RS, this means that on the RS they're made of metal. CA make this part out of cunningly shaped plastic, the Ares is metal.

Since you are all now bored I'll leave you with one last thing. A proline CA36K will set you back about 300 quid in the shop, I got my Ares G36K for 240 to my door from an Irish retailer. I just couldn't recommend the CA with that price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Better internals than a JG? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I do recall people saying that they were far more reliable than some high end AEGs and even CA AEGs (Oooh Firekitten is gonna get me for that). After JG, your options are CA, TM, Star and Ares, I'm sure there's others, but they are expensive options, I've seen JG AEGs outlast some high end ones.

Yeah, dont worry pet, i'm not going to slap you for being right.

The JG g36 is one of the best guns on that line... externals? not as much if we get to brass tacks, but internally its utterly sound and robust. They are the workhorse that replaced the TM g36c as 'am best no breaky gun'

The Ares (Star g36s were plastic box only, and now the company doesnt exist)

The ARES g36 line are a different matter, metal gear boxess with quick change springs, from what ive heard, nice bits of kit. My money is on that for the mix of sexy and functional. Like an Aeg version of Daniel Craig :D

Advertisement