Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Annual Waste Charge Payment Method - Warning

Options
  • 26-01-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Just to offer a quick warning to all Fingal CoCo residents who intend to pay their waste charges using the Payzone system in their local shop (cash method).

The notification which we all received in the post on the past number of days states:
    You can pay at over 120 outlets (see attached list) using your charge card or the remittance slip on the bottom of your bill. Present either to the Cashier and ask to make a Fingal C.Co. waste charge payment.

This information is incorrect and you cannot make a payment at a Payzone outlet without both the bill and your charge card as I found out today. I rang Fingal to complain and they are aware of the error which has gone out to every household in their boundary.

Hopefully this will save any of the boards.ie users from being caught out like I was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Thanks for the tip off. Will save me a double trip to the shops. Bring both with me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Slightly off-topic, and not so much a warning, but if you are awaiting bin stickers, they're on the way, and your December 2009 stickers are valid until February 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Well it's now been 2 weeks since I requested a charge card (that was never received in the first place). Fingal told me when I requested it that it would arrive within 5 days.

Today being the last day I can pay the annual charge without penalty I had to try and pay online. Whaddya know? They also don't accept payments from anyone using FireFox as their browser.

Lets just say I will be posting a strongly worded letter to the Dept concerned & Cc my local representatives. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'd like to know why commercial bin charges were reduced but residential charges stayed the same.

In 2011 vat will be charged on bin tags and yearly charges and the following year you will not be able to claim tax credits back.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

I paid at a payzone with my bin card today, and didn't need the letter.
    Last time I paid, I paid with the card only as well. Were no issues either time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

I rang their hotline and only had my chargecard and was able to pay it no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

The problem is I don't have a chargecard - never received one. I would rather pay with cash than make a payment by laser/credit card/cheque. It's been a waste me requesting a chargecard because I still haven't got one so I had to pay by laser.

Advertisement