Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEALER

Options
  • 26-01-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, has anyone heard or been to the healer john liston morgan in kilmallock,wondering is he any good,he got alot of good reports on the ray darcy show about a year ago havent heard of anything since?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Not heard of this healer. But read something about Bridie Fahy from Mervue recently in one of the local papers and she comes well recommended if you into this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 splasher

I aso read about Bridie Fahy from Mevue, and would love if she would try to help my mam. Does anyone know how to contact her?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

is he a 7th son of a 7th son?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

splasher wrote: »
    I aso read about Bridie Fahy from Mevue, and would love if she would try to help my mam. Does anyone know how to contact her?:confused:

is there a picture of her hanging up in McDonaghs? if so they will be able to tell you if she is dead or alive and possibly how to get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

What of a healer are you looking 4 ??
    I heard of an excellent Reiki healer in galway/ athlone area. I can Pm number if ya need it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 splasher

I heard of an excellent Reiki healer in galway/ athlone area. I can Pm number if ya need it.
    That would be great! My mam has atypical parkinsons disease (which kind of means no-one really knows exactly whats wrong with her). She has trouble with her balance and falls a lot. She also has trouble controlling the movement of her legs. It might be asking a lot of a healer to cure this, but I would like to try.
    PS - she actually lives in Dublin, but I live in Galway and she would happily travel to see someone good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

You should stop promoting and do some reading on Reiki. It has been debunked as a nonsense pseudo-science. Any self-appointed "Healer" is either deluded or a charlatan preying on the sick and desperate. These people operate by exploiting your vulnerability. They don't care about you or your problems, they're after your money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiki#Research.2C_critical_evaluation.2C_and_controversy

Sorry to hear about your mother splasher. I hope you find some way to improve her situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kepti, the whole art of healing can be discussed.
    Whatever works for OP ma is ok with me.

Kepti. I have read lots about Reiki and I also know people whom Reiki has helped.

Why are people like you always has negative comments on things that you obviously know little or nothing about.
    I suggest you look at reiki federation ireland before you start writing rubbish.

Splasher if you need the number PM me and don't be listening to negative idots.

King Mallie, no need for abusive language. I won't ban you because you're new but I will if I see it again.

• Advertisement

Sorry if i offend someone but people need more knowledge before they can start knocking things.

Kepti. I have read lots about Reiki and I also know people whom Reiki has helped.

Why are people like you always has negative comments on things that you obviously know little or nothing about.
    I suggest you look at reiki federation ireland before you start writing rubbish.

Splasher if you need the number PM me and don't be listening to negative idots.

The amount you have read is hardly relevant if your sources are all pro-reiki. You don't get accurate information from the people trying to sell something, that's incredibly naive.

There isn't much more I need to know about reiki other than the fact that there has never been a single scientific study that proves its efficacy. That alone is enough to dismiss it as nonsense. Since you seem convinced that it works, why do you think its efficacy has never been proven?

If you want to misguidedly promote it, that's your prerogative, but don't expect to stand unchallenged and don't call me an idiot for echoing the sentiments of the medical establishment.

Kepti:

Once again your facts are incorrect. There is ongoing trials in america and they have proven the positive effects of Reiki.
    Also there are scientific trial under way in england, which so far have proved successful (but tests are only 40 % complete) and if tests prove a success. Then Reiki will be a recognised medical treatment by the English Medical board. So there is the correct info.

Sorry for calling you an idot if that offended you.

Kepti:

Once again your facts are incorrect. There is ongoing trials in america and they have proven the positive effects of Reiki.
    Also there are scientific trial under way in england, which so far have proved successful (but tests are only 40 % complete) and if tests prove a success. Then Reiki will be a recognised medical treatment by the English Medical board. So there is the correct info.

Reiki was concocted in 1922. It's very strange that the trials are still ongoing. Perhaps this is because of the trials conducted in 2008?
    A systematic review of randomised clinical trials conducted in 2008 did not support the efficacy of Reiki or its recommendation for use in the treatment of any condition.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Reiki to become accepted in England so soon after Homeopathy was outright rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Kepti:

Mallie, if you believe that Reiki works then (and for that matter most alternative medicines) then go for it. However, its use as an alternative rather than as a complement to modern medicine would be foolish and probably dangerous.

As was pointed out there are no studies that have been carried out by independent groups that prove Reiki works over placebo.(there are plenty of studies in scientific literature that will funnily enough prove a point if they have funding by interested parties! That is why when you try to publish a scientific paper you have to declare your competing interests - so any reports from or supported by any organisation associated with Reiki should be ignored or taken with a very large pinch of salt, also any journals that dont peer review the articles submitted to them should be ignored))

However, as with any study and there is plenty of scientific evidence for this, a placebo effect can be a very strong one as the human body and particularly the workings of the brain is still a big mystery to modern science.
    In palliative care for example a patient will have reduced pain scores if undergoing such things as Reiki, acupunture, massage - but equally they also see a reduction in pain score if their financial affairs are put in order thereby reducing anxiety.

So if Reiki helps and you believe in it thats fine, its your money. But dont expect any strong or long lasting effects and as I will say again do not use alternative therapies instead of recommended medical instruction!

Guys, sorry to be a wet blanket but this thread isn't on the topic of whether reiki works or not. That's for another forum on boards.ie

pretties post was made 3 months ago, since he/she hasn't returned I'll lock this.
    Feel free to continue discussing reiki here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement