If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement cd player

Options
  • 26-01-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

howaya lads, a mate (who has not grasped the concept of computers yet)is searching for a replacement for his philips ak-601 cd player for his system...the system it has to compliment is a philips as9500...very old i know...was a wedding prezzie...cant be any more than 360mm wide..(not fussy is he?)he was recommended TEAC,any ideas? what have you got and what kinda money...thanks again:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

anybody??????

come on lads..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

It is probably the width which is stopping people recommending any players as the majority of players were about 440mm wide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Chief.

Sorry for the delay.

I have been doing a bit of digging into this and I have also been checking our stock here to see if I have anything that fits the bill.

Teac do make a reference 600 cd player that would fit the measurements but it will cost approx £400...probably a bit more than he wants to spend. :rolleyes:

I have an ex display Teac system called a Legacy 600 which has a CD player component and while it does have an amplifier as part to it, you don't need to use it. It's just the unit and it doesn't have a remote, but it's the cheapest way that I know of.

If you search online for a CR-L600 you will find it. It's slightly marked so I can email pics if you PM me your email address.

The nice part of this is, you can have it for £69.95 and delivery would be £11.99.

This will connect to the Philips system (from what I can see on the old philips manual) using a standard phono cable.

I hope this helps, but if you need anything else, please drop me a line.

ATB

good man dave..thanks a million...i'll be in touch

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.