Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce Int & Spanish

Options
  • 26-01-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey i am looking for people that are studying commerce international and spanish.

I can't decide between Commerce International with Spanish in UCD or business and spanish in TCD. I want to keep my options open.

I maybe want to enter into accountancy which i believe this course would give me some exeptions? I am also interested in teaching as a career.

Do people enjoy the use of ICT all the time?

It looks like a great course but im afraid the trek would put me off...

Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 el cule

Hey im a first year in commerce and spanish
    I cant speak for the trinity course but I do know that the quinn school in UCD has a fairly solid reputation.
    For accountancy you will need to take a few electives outside the core ones to meet the accounting bodies exemptions but you have to pick electives in UCD anyway so it doesnt really make a difference. For plain commerce theyre already included in the degree.
    For ICT?? eh we use laptops and there are a few technology modules involved if thats what you mean..
    Anyway UCD is great, and im enjoying the course.. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aoifethomas

Hi el cule,
    Thank you for your reply.

When you say - if i want to take accounting modules outside the course would that be through horizons? as i was considering doing another langage in horizons lol. oh well.

one other thing. Whats the hours like in first year? my commute would be an hour to an hour and a half so like i don't want to get getting home at all hours.... :)

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 el cule

Yeah those extra modules are taken through horizons, but there are only two you have to take over three years in UCD, to meet the accounting standards so you will still have the opportunity to do another language.

Commerce international has very very few hours! :D I think we had around 16 last semester and only 13 this one. Most of the lectures do tend to be in the morning aswell, and you have a limited amount of choice as to when you want to do certain classes because there are a few offerings during the week.

Oh and another thing if your interested in teaching spanish I think you have to do a few horizons modules in spanish. Don't really know many details about this though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shelly911

hey i really want to do this course 2 bt im kinda scared incase its really hard..??:(
    would u b able to teach spanish and business ater the course..?
    wers the best place to do erasmus..?
    soorry bout all da questions..!!:D

Advertisement