Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Academic books??

Options
  • 26-01-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

So like everyone else, money is a bit tight for me at the moment and Im finding I cant afford all the college books I need.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any academic bookshops that might have second hand? Or if anyone knows of any good websites that sell them for a bit cheaper? I know its a long shot!

My uni has a second hand bookshop but doesnt have any of the books I need :(

Any help would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

You could try amazon - sometimes they have a link to used books. Also try placing a wanted add on your department/student notice board....Ive gotten a few this way in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 iw82

www.bookfinder.com

It's a like a search engine/price comparison site.

I find it great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Sometimes you will strike it lucky on this site and get a second hand book really really cheap:

www.betterworldbooks.com

All proceeds go towards literacy programs in the 3rd world too

Advertisement