Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest some good websites/books to help learn (:

Options
  • 26-01-2010 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I heard the "less stress; more success" books are quite helpful, I might go ahead and get myself some.

Anyone else care to share some tips/sites/anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I wouldn't go spending loads on 'less stress' books if I were you, most of them aren't great. There's no one company that does a whole line of brilliant revision books, you need to look around and figure out what company does which subject best. As a general rule with revision books, you should look for the one that's written by the same author as the main textbook.

And there's a thread here with links to leaving cert related sites: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054983277

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Rapid Revision HL maths is fantastic! you can also get a book called "MathsBank" which is a book of questions arranged by topics into a parts, b parts and c parts of LC questions. Also has a lot of sample papers in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

revise wise biology is class

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

zam wrote: »
    Rapid Revision HL maths is fantastic! you can also get a book called "MathsBank" which is a book of questions arranged by topics into a parts, b parts and c parts of LC questions. Also has a lot of sample papers in it!

Oh I definitely second this, got it from my friend and didn't think much of it until I actually looked through it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

i got revise wise for OL maths, havent really looked through it :S have rapid revision for spanish, its so good our school put it as part of our booklist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Rapid Revision for Business is very good. Revise Wise for Geography is also very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 hellomoto

unknown13 wrote: »
    Rapid Revision for Business is very good. Revise Wise for Geography is also very good.

I'll get em both cheers!

Without me having to start another similar thread. Does anyone know a good German revision book

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Maths (O) - Revise Wise PI & II
    English : New English Key Notes (Tony Lake)
    Biology: Revise Wise
    : Shortcuts to Success: Biology Experiments
    Geography: Less Stree More Success (its like a mini text book with each topic broken up into SRPs)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Oh cool,I was just about to post about this. Looking to put together a list of recommended revision books

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Français.ie is good, but basic if you're not subscribed. I'll post later if I come up with anything else.

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    Geography: Less Stree More Success (its like a mini text book with each topic broken up into SRPs)

That book is 300 pages long.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

unknown13 wrote: »
    That book is 300 pages long.

Less Stress? Really??

Well I didnt have useless info like most Geog books did anyway! :P

Anything for Chemistry or Accounting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Rapid revision chemistry = Total life saver

Lawliet wrote: »

Thanks, <333333!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Yeah, Rapid Revision Chemistry is great. However, just make sure you understand the source material first before using it. Like all good revision books, it's a supplement to the text book, not a replacement.

For Accounting revise wise is pretty good, although I haven't really looked at the other ones. My teacher told us that there were a lot of mistakes in the Rapid Revision Accounting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

hellomoto wrote: »
    Anything for Chemistry or Accounting?

I found Less Stress More Success accounting quite useless! The author did everything a different way from my teacher, and in my opinion, and much more difficult way than my teacher.

It actually reads more like an SEC marking scheme than a revision book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Lawliet wrote: »

Yeah, its pretty win alright.

Advertisement