Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pig for spit roast

Options
  • 26-01-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I'm looking for a pig around the 20kg mark to cook on a spit. Preferably in the wicklow/wexford area.

If anybody knows where I would be able to pick one up over the next week or so, please p.m me

Thanks a million

Seoirse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Hi Seoirse.

Just out of curiosity, do you already have a spit?

I went to a place in Dublin to look at pigs for spit roasting. They were huge!!!!!
    If you don’t have a spit, it might be worth getting it cooked and delivered to you.

This seems to be a much cheaper option than getting caters in.

For my stag I went with the Goode Food Company. He’s based in Arklow.
    And if you end up going with this option he’s your man......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62518198#post62518198

Roast Pig from The Goode Life Food Company.
    Hi All.

Aplogies for digging up an older thread, but in the end I went with this guy.

Stephen Goode
    http://www.thegoodelifefoodcompany.ie/contact/

Tel : 0402 33878
    Mob: 087 2669620

He's based in Arklow, but I met him in Dublin, he had already cooked the meat that morning....

...IT WAS AMAZING!!!!

Pork, lamb and beef. Loads and loads at a nice price, and no fuss.

My guests were well impressed. I will definitely be contacting him for my Halloween BBQ...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭seoirse1980

yeah i have a spit, it will accomodate a pig up to about 30kg

Thanks for the reply

Seoirse

Advertisement