Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire/Cancelling Direct Debits

Options
  • 26-01-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi, i have used clearwire for arbout 4 years for my internet provider and had been paying 39 euro per month to do so , after talking to a friend he advised me he was payng 15 euro for exact the same the service and i was gettin g ripped off , anyway long story short i rang them (last August) to explain i was getting rid of clearwire, but they advised me of the 15 euro per month package , i reluctantly agreed over the phone as i felt they had been ripping me off as they never rang me. I recently decided to get rid of it all together as the service is a joke at certain times of the day re. speed connectivity etc.
    I rang them to tell them i was cancelling the Direct Debit only to be told i would have to pay the remainder of my twelve month contract as i apparently had a verbal agreement with them , What should i do next , any advice appreciated as i certainly dont remember agreeing to have another 12 months. My bank also said i couldnt cancel the direct debit with them until i get the co. in question to cancel it from their end ......So frustrating:mad::mad:
    What should i do next?

Thanks in advance
    Dekbhoy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

By changing to the new price package you would have entered a new contract. There isn't a lot you can do about that, however, it should have been explained to you at the time. Proving it wasn't could be difficult, but you could ask them to first prove it was.
    dekbhoy wrote: »
    My bank also said i couldnt cancel the direct debit with them until i get the co. in question to cancel it from their end

That bit is a lie. You can cancel a direct debit on your account any time you like. Whoever told you that doesn't know their job. If you do cancel it without Clearwire's knowledge, they will come after you (possibly with a debt collector) for the money owed.

Advertisement