Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plans for 2010

• 26-01-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

heh everyone,
    was just thinking of what will be going on in my life this year and what can i tell ya it will be a serious jam packed year.
    first thing will be me finishing my degree in may, then have to go and try get a morgage with my OH in the bank. we hoping ot get a car together is well during the summer if my finances will allow me, we then hopefully getting engaged at some point during the summer.

our parents have to meet as soon as possible after my exams are finished. ( only been ready for it the past few months) my OH is best man for his mates wedding in sept so he has that and the stag to organise. i have my best mates 30th to organise whenexams are finished. off to killarney after exams to use up a voucher i have for the lake hotel.

oh my best mates 30 is 3 days after our friends wedding where OH is best man. and have to start looking for another apt next month. oh and i will be job hunting in may.

crazy i know. what is year looking like??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Exciting stuff! Jealous.

I have no idea what my year will be like. Never make plans. Just go with the flow and all that. I'll be in college till May. Might stay in Killarney and work for the summer, as I have plenty off summer job offers here and can make lotsa moolah. HOWEVER, I don't really want to. I kinda want to go somewhere sunny. Might go to Thailand for a few months or something. Get out a loan! Ha. Don't know. And then back to college. Woo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 scatterpillar

Wow you really do have a lot going on!

My advice would be - concentrate on college. You won't get the mortgage, wedding, car, or anything else without a good job - and you won't get a good job without an excellent degree - and in the current climate, even the best degree won't guarantee you anything!

I really do wish you the best of luck with all of that - but do bear in mind, banks are really strict about mortgages these days, and unless you walk into a very permanent very well-paid job straight from college, the chances of you actually getting one this year are pretty slim really. Although of course I know nothing about at all about your own personal circumstances! But the good thing is, you sound pretty young, loads of time for all that!

I suppose I'm in a pretty similar situation to you really, I finished college last year and got engaged about two years ago. We're putting the wedding and house and all that on hold for a few years though to concentrate on our careers and travel etc, I suppose we're lucky to be in a position, like yourselves, where we've no reason to be in any rush to get permanently settled just yet!

My plans for 2010 - pass my first set of professional exams, and fit in a couple of little holidays ... just realised today I haven't actually left the country in well over a year - depressing :( Also my friend and I are moving into our fab new apartment this weekend, so we're going to spend any extra cash on making it all prettiful :D

I think it's going to be a fun year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Well the first weeks of 2010 have been *crap*! I hate my job and arriving home from a long slippy drive every evening to darkness sucks, so I'm really looking forward to the year picking up and getting stuff done!

I'm starting my own business at the mo, hating my job is giving me a constant kick up the ass to get moving on it so looking forward to that. I have a lot of ideas for it so just need to start doing some of them, already have 2 orders though, yay!

It's my birthday in a few weeks so hopefully that'll be fun, then I'm going to Amsterdam in March/April, Vegas in June for my boyfriend's birthday, hoping to go to Toronto in October and maybe if I'm super lucky Achill somewhere in there too.

That's it really, other than the business thing I've nothing set in stone to do this year, but I would like to be working for myself by Christmas.

Oh and I want to continue growing my hair, I'm aiming for elbow length for Vegas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Plans for 2010. Stop letting everything just sail past me.

No major plans really. Ime, plans never really work out. As long as I am somewhat happy, that's fine with me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I want to grow my nails. A bigger challenge than it sounds, honestly.

After that, it can all fall as it may.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I want to grow my nails. A bigger challenge than it sounds, honestly.

After that, it can all fall as it may.

I did it for my brothers wedding last year, then got bad news a few weeks ago and Im back to square 1 again :(

My big plans always fall through so I wont be making any big ones this year.

1. Gonna let the nails grow again
    2. Have to make myself go on holidays
    3. Keep the salon open :)
    4. Stop looking for a man :D
    5. Get out more
    Thats it for now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭TheLargerBowl

My main plans for 2010 are to finish my masters and run another marathon. Anything on top of that is a huge bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I feel like I've posted this somewhere before . . . oh well.

Wedding at the end of the summer, followed by a cross-border move sometime before the end of the year . . . which means a new job.

Until then, it's a lot of planning and researching, lots of resident status changes and green card paperwork, lots of red tape. But ah well, by the time the Christmas decorations go up next year, we should be settled again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My plans involve finishing my Hons. Degree in May, finding a job (whether here or abroad), getting my provisional driving license renewed (its been 3 years now) and then getting my full license, help my sister and brother in law build their house, meet new people, get fit, find myself a lurvy lady to spend my evenings with.....thats about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Have my baby...will be taking 4 months unpaid leave off with my son too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

My plans for 2010 are to have fun. I have loads on up as far as May. I have something to look forward to each month. Be it a gig or a night away. Or a night planned with my friends.

Last year I was so focused on money and not spending it I ended up just being miserable so this year I am thinking f*ck it. I am young and Im going to have fun.

Also have a road trip planned for a few weeks in the summer festival hopping in europe.

Also Im running more so I am going to try take on the Dubling City Marathon as one of my New Years Resolutions. Yikes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I have a few little things planned like Trabolgan in April and Oxegen in July but I am thinking about going to Fance for ten days or something. I love travelling and want to get as much done as I can before I start studying again in September.

My year will be gone before I know it - AGAIN!

I wish things would slow down a little sometimes!

I've got a wedding on the 21st May (the hen has yet to be arranged for that). I have a wedding on the 29th of May (not going to that hen). I've got a wedding in Italy on the 18th of June (hen to be decided). I've got a wedding on the 10th of July, in clare, which I'm bridesmaid for, hen is currently being arranged for April. Have the week off after that wedding which I'll spend in Rosslare. I have Greenday on the 23rd June. I am going to Lanzarote for 1 week in october. And janey mackers I'll be saving for christmas as that stage!

I want to move house too somewhere in amongst all of that :rolleyes:

I've already got something on every weekend from now until march 13th :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I've got a wedding on the 21st May (the hen has yet to be arranged for that). I have a wedding on the 29th of May (not going to that hen). I've got a wedding in Italy on the 18th of June (hen to be decided). I've got a wedding on the 10th of July, in clare, which I'm bridesmaid for, hen is currently being arranged for April. Have the week off after that wedding which I'll spend in Rosslare. I have Greenday on the 23rd June. I am going to Lanzarote for 1 week in october. And janey mackers I'll be saving for christmas as that stage!

I have plans to crash a few dozen weddings! :P

Real plans.

Run a marathon (or 2)
    Get a job somehow.
    Get in perfect tip-top shape, and try my hand at doing a job I have been intrigued by.
    Doing Alternative Miss Cork on Valentines day!!!:o
    Get away for the Summer if possible.
    Have my 21st, invite ALL my family so I can get money off them! :P
    Have some fun, and go camping a few times! :)
    Also, I want to be seen naked by 100 people minimum at one time (I don't know why, I just do! :D) In a way that I won't be arrested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Get a job. Every thing is on hold until that happens! Can't make any plans really. Depressing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I don't have any major plans yet, have a short holiday booked around Easter but other than that nothing yet. Have a couple of ideas, considering either going travelling (on my own!!!) or moving to a new city. My life is dull & boring at the moment, feel like I need to start LIVING it before I waste it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Back to college Monday for Semester 2
    College Ball Feb 10th
    South Africa in April for the month :pac: Sister's wedding :D
    Summer hasn't been decided, prob Greece or Amsterdam :p
    My best mates 21st which I wanna plan now
    and I'm turning ...22 :(:(:(
    Hopefully get a new job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

No broken bones, and not getting killed would be a good start :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Bullet points (super srl internet business)
    • Become really good at boxing & be fit
    • Drop from size 10 to size 8
    • Take part in the Cupid's Dash 10km run
    • Meet Kelly Clarkson (her concert's on 5th Feb!!)
    • Get veneers on my teeth :D <--- look like this
    • KISS concert dressed as Gene Simmons :cool:
    • Go away somewhere, anywhere... for the summer holidays (possibly move to NY for 2 months)
    • Visit my aunt in NJ and introduce her to the fella
    • Go to Donnington Download festival if the line up rocks
    • Get an antique engagement ring <3
    • Save for a mortgage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I'm moving to California this year! I can't access m old email address to get a new password so hence the new username.
    That's enough plans for me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

Probably going to Stockholm in late March and Buenos Aires mid-summer.

We are currently looking at a house. It's about 90 years old and needs some work. If we do buy it, it would be summer before we moved in at the earliest.

When my little guy is in school full time starting in September I plan to go back to work full-time, assuming there are actually any jobs :eek:.

That last one will be a huge change for me, but I think I'm ready. It's the looking part which is a bit scary.

Advertisement