Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdip Question

Options
  • 26-01-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi, I am Leaving Cert student and I'm trying to decide on college courses. I want to teach but I havent yet decided at which level. I was wondering if I got a degree in Irish and then went on to do the Hdip, would I be qualified as a primary and secondary school teacher or just a secondary school teacher? Any help is greatly apprecriated! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You'd be qualified as a secondary teacher only, and only in one subject, Irish. You'd ideally study more than just Irish as part of your degree, taking other subjects like English/Maths etc., to give you better employment prospects. The list of undergrad degrees you can take leading to being a secondary teacher can be found here .

Advertisement