Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New NetTop's with Dual Core Atom 330

• 27-01-2010 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

All,

I have been seeing numerous manafacturers popping up offering small form factor desktop (I believe now called NetTop!) PC's that boast a HDMI output.

For example:
    http://www.asrock.com/nettop/spec/ION%20330.asp

However, what I cannot figure out is whether or not the sound is sent out through the HDMI aswell. I would expect that it is and therefore only a single connection would be required from one of these into a HD TV (for example). However, because I cannot find this written down anywhere, I am nervous that this is not the case and the HDMI on these SFF PC's is only for video output.....and that you would need to connect the various sound card outputs to the TV aswell to get sound!

Has anyone got one and can confirm whether above is true or not?

Ta,
    Jab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

The Asrock 330 supports HDMI audio technically. I say technically because many people seem to have trouble with it, on account of drivers, setup etc. But its there once you know how to get it working. Google 'Asrock 330 HDMI audio' for more reading material.

Its also got an optical output for connecting to your surround system.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

The Asrock 330 supports HDMI audio technically. I say technically because many people seem to have trouble with it, on account of drivers, setup etc. But its there once you know how to get it working. Google 'Asrock 330 HDMI audio' for more reading material.

Thanks man, thats exactly what I needed. Cheers!

Just wondering where you get the info that alot of people have trouble with audio over hdmi on the 330? I cant only find two instances and both were because the person didnt have correct audio drivers installed on the unit.
    Never had any issues with my one, mediaportal installed and streaming from server with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

david7536 wrote: »
    Just wondering where you get the info that alot of people have trouble with audio over hdmi on the 330? I cant only find two instances and both were because the person didnt have correct audio drivers installed on the unit.
    Never had any issues with my one, mediaportal installed and streaming from server with no problems.

Maybe it was the original 330, not the HT model that had initial teething problems when it was released mid last year?

Anyway, I have bitten the bullet and ordered one! Hopefully all goes smoothly!

Advertisement