Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video editing a football match to include scores, clock, etc

Options
  • 27-01-2010 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hey there,

I am going to be recording a football (soccer) match for my club in the near future. I will be recording it on a HD sony camera, with an external microphone plugged in so that one of the lads can commentate.

We will be showing the match later that evening and I would like to edit the video to show a score in the top right of the screen as well as a clock like you would see on sky sports etc.

Also would like to edit the video slightly to includ replays of any goals or incidents there might be.

Could anyone reccomend some software?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

sony vegas 9 platinumpro :)
    ulead studio is goodtoo cheap and does the basic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

it will take 90 minutes to digitize it onto the computer.. ages to edit for a clock replays, About 2 hours to render another 30 minutes to put on DVD..

Try playing it stright from camera then see about editing it.. Your talking about a day of editing if you are good to do what you want..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

hey there,

I am going to be recording a football (soccer) match for my club in the near future. I will be recording it on a HD sony camera, with an external microphone plugged in so that one of the lads can commentate.

We will be showing the match later that evening and I would like to edit the video to show a score in the top right of the screen as well as a clock like you would see on sky sports etc.

Also would like to edit the video slightly to includ replays of any goals or incidents there might be.

Could anyone reccomend some software?

Thanks.

From the sounds of it, you don't have experience in doing this before, and as the previous poster said, it just isnt that simple to do really quick. How long do you have between the match finishing and you needing to replay it? You'd probably want to record direcct to the laptop via firewire or else output it via a vision mixer and add the titles/scores live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sparkotardelli

From the sounds of it, you don't have experience in doing this before, and as the previous poster said, it just isnt that simple to do really quick. How long do you have between the match finishing and you needing to replay it? You'd probably want to record direcct to the laptop via firewire or else output it via a vision mixer and add the titles/scores live.

you are dead right there, I have no experience what so ever with this kind of stuff. The camera belongs to my da, I'm going to get a lend of it and try figure out what im doing beforehand.

We have a team coming over from england for a friendly, match would k/o at 2pm and the plan was to be able to show it in the pub that evening. I think it might be a lot easier to just go straight from the camera to the projector!

As for using the firewire directly into a laptop, how would that work? Would it be recording directly onto the laptop's hard drive?

Advertisement