Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Photographer's Ephemeris

• 27-01-2010 12:42am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

I'd never heard of this before but it seems like a useful tool for landscape enthusiasts. It's the Photographer's Ephemeris
    Landscape photographers typically wish to plan their shoots around the times of sunrise/sunset or twilight, or alternatively when the moon is in a particular place in a particular phase.
    While times of sunrise etc. are readily available on various sites on the internet (direction of sunrise etc. less so, but still readily found), there are fewer programs available which combine such information with a topographical map allowing the photographer to match the astronomical to the location.
    A typical use might be to determine when the sun will set along the axis of a mountain valley, or when a full moon rise will rise across a lake.
    The application uses Google Maps providing users the ability to select a location and determine the time and azimuth of sunrise or sunset for a given date or dates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Now I just need one to tell me if the makeup artist is going to be on time, and if the client's going to be a dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Now I just need one to tell me if the makeup artist is going to be on time, and if the client's going to be a dick.

no ,and thats a given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Advertisement